GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fifa 2005 feature list (Sounds slightly familiar for some reason)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fifa 2005'.
Sat 24/07/04 at 22:59
Regular
"es argh"
Har!

why our lovely friends at Fifa have decided to introduce us to a list of "brand new"™ features that only they could come up with, lets have a gander...

"Great soccer players need a great first touch—and the same is now true for gamers with FIFA Soccer 2005. Using an all-new fluid player kinetic system, a player’s first touch becomes a key advantage for players who can think quickly and act fast to outsmart the competition. An all-new animation system reacts to every button press with authentic responsiveness, directly translating to the speed and vision of the world’s greatest players."

No way. Now, for like, the first time ever, in any football game, your player gets to touch the ball, for the first time!!!1

I particularly like "An all-new animation system reacts to every button press with authentic responsiveness"

So now, when you press shoot, instead of it passing/crossing/crashing and laughing at you for actually buying the game, it shoots? Well done Fifa.

"With more than 350 official team and league licenses from around the world, more than 12,000 officially licensed players, an enhanced Career Mode, and EA SPORTS Online play* (PlayStation 2 console only), FIFA Soccer 2005 is the only complete, authentic, and intelligent soccer experience."

Wait a minute, they've said 1 feature, and now they've resorted back to the old LISACENSUZ!!!™!!™!""™

Yet it will still sell as it will have the best evur footballers on the cover...

Key Features

What? The list hasn't actually started??? Oh silly me, I'm judging it by a little blurb, let's have a lookie then...

"* A Great Player Needs a Great First Touch: A quality first touch—intrinsic to the sport itself—is the essential trait that separates good players from great players on the soccer pitch. Improved button and control sensitivity provides an authentic first touch for users of FIFA Soccer 2005™™™™™. Using the fluid player kinetic system, soccer’s most important skill has been revamped to give the most responsive and rewarding control system to date."

...De ja vu? I thought this was the feature list?

"* Added Gameplay Depth: Off the Ball™ Control is fine tuned and better than ever in FIFA Soccer 2005. Take command of players not in possession of the ball by calling in tackles, jostling for space, and sending your teammates on runs as you control the pitch. Movement on throw-ins has also been added to enhance authenticity.

HAhaHahAHAhahaHAhAhaHAH

They're still pushing the off the ball™™™™™™™?

"Movement on throw-ins has also been added to enhance authenticity"

What? Hasn't this been in every single football game ever? And it's just been added into Fifa?

* The Absolute Broadcast: With new in-game camera angles, smooth cut sequences for replays, and improved contrast and lighting for players and stadiums, FIFA Soccer 2005 has the look and feel of an authentic television broadcast experience. Add in authentic crowd chants from officially licensed stadiums—both large and small—and FIFA Soccer 2005 offers the most immersive experience available.

A couple of new cameras is a new feature?

And "improved contrast and lighting for players and stadiums"?

Well, I find the lighting espeshulley impressive in this screenshot [URL]http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/screen_e3/920608_20040511_screen002.jpg[/URL]

Thelight is obviously coming from the Juve player on the left's crotch, or his amazingly shiny head.

* Deeper Career Mode: FIFA Soccer 2005’s deep Career Mode tests your skills both on the pitch and in the front office. Build your franchise and guide your club to the Championship.

"Test your skills in an office", right...

* The World’s Ultimate Roster: More than 350 official team and league licenses from around the world—including 20 leagues and 40 national teams—and more than 12,000 licensed players are available. From the fast pace of Europe’s super leagues to up-and-coming teams in the lower divisions, FIFA Soccer 2005 provides the most authentic selection of the world’s top teams, players, and environments.

THE WORLD'S ULTImATE ROSTER™™™™™™™™™ Bow infront of it and kiss it's feet. Old tactics.

* EA SPORTS Online: EA SPORTS Online for the PlayStation 2 console allows users to play online against opponents from around the country. An online lobby area allows gamers to meet, greet, chat, set up tournaments, download roster updates, and play FIFA Soccer 2005 head-to-head. Make it to the top, and then try to maintain your place as the best gamer anywhere, anytime, anyplace.

"You can go to the online lobby and chat, greet, see new people....and play the game if you like"

Hang on, apart from this "FIRST TOUCH SYSTEM™™™™™", which, we all have to admit, is a revolution in football games, none of the other features are about gameplay.

Crazy.

But even crazier is the fact that it'll sell more than The rest of the footy games put together.

Am I the only one mising something?
Wed 04/08/04 at 13:48
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
All the clever subliminal messages don't make it better than Pro Evo.
Tue 03/08/04 at 14:34
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Clazon wrote:
> Just incase some idiot FIFA supporter uses it against you, I'll
> correct you AJ.
>
> To be fair there are some "KonamiTo" and that, signs around
> the stadiums. And annoying flags which say "Hellow mum"
> (and that isn't a typo).

I've never seen Konami banners in the stands. I've seen them on the advertising boards around the pitch, but never in the stands.

As for those other flags... I think some of the mis-spellings are actually deliberate, just to add a bit of humour. How could any testers fail to notice "TAKE THE APART" in huge writing around the Dietro Monte (sp?) stadium? Also, the "Celery! Celery!" sign in Stamford Bridge is genius.

Others include "Who ate all the pies?" in the Amsterdam Arena, and "We Love Dynamite Shooter", which is just incredible.
Tue 03/08/04 at 10:04
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
FIFA has the worst playing system of any PS football sim I have ever played, including Actua Soccer.
Tue 03/08/04 at 01:00
Regular
witch-king wrote:
> DW wrote:
> Fifa Pro Evo
>
> :)
>
> What be you smokin'.

Backy.
Mon 02/08/04 at 21:52
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
DW wrote:
> Fifa Pro Evo
>
> :)

What be you smokin'.
Sun 01/08/04 at 23:20
Regular
"The Red Shift"
:(

Infact.

¦ |
Sun 01/08/04 at 23:00
Regular
Fifa > Pro Evo

:)
Sun 01/08/04 at 22:52
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Just incase some idiot FIFA supporter uses it against you, I'll correct you AJ.

To be fair there are some "KonamiTo" and that, signs around the stadiums. And annoying flags which say "Hellow mum" (and that isn't a typo).

However, to say FIFA is better for gameplay is actually criminal by that FIFA fan boy.
Sun 01/08/04 at 22:47
Regular
"The Red Shift"
My sides have actually split having read the original post.

Well done Baggur.

I think the majority of people with brains would agree with you, but ultimately big games are sold by good marketing.

As you so well took off, the TM's and italics and capitals make it look like its revolutionary. Therefore has an edge over others.

Said all this, but still.

Hahahahaha.
Tue 27/07/04 at 14:01
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
wilko22 wrote:
> Y r u gettin so excited about Pro Evo? FIFA is da best footie game
> ever. why does every1 like pro evo anyway. in fifa you get all the
> leagues, online play, more realism, scale models of the stadiums, the
> stadiums don't have thousands of konami banners hanging around, the
> gameplay is better, it has story mode, training mode, you can import
> matches from manager games, you can use your EA profiles, you have
> thousands of team's home, away and third kits, you can have
> multiple profiles, u can control multiple players at once with
> "Off The Ball", better visuals, in players, menus and
> stadiums, all the tournaments including FA cup the champions league,
> the spanish FA cup, le cup d'france , the UEFA cup, euro 2004, the
> world cup, and you can do better skills... the list is endless, but
> after all that is finished, yeah Pro Evo is better, because pro evo
> has...erm...worse graphics...uh...worse gameplay...
>
> I rest my case

Right, take a few seconds to sit and read this through. Then you may return to your daily procedure which most likely involves you dribbling on the keyboard and mashing the keys with your face.

Pro Evolution Soccer IS better than FIFA, and I'm going to explain to you why. The arguments you have provided have been pretty much non-existant and retarded when they have existed. "in fifa you get all the leagues, online play, more realism, scale models of the stadiums" - let's take this quote first. FIFA does not in fact, as you suggest, have all the leagues. I don't see the Paraguayan, Costa Rican or Egyptian national leagues... now what you meant to say there was FIFA has more leagues and teams than Pro Evo. But why does that matter? Who cares about controlling a relegation-threatened Polish side? Pointless argument number 1. Online play? Muh, PC and Xbox versions of PES4 are going to be online. Are the FIFA versions of these? Heh, no. More realism? I really don't think so. Have you played PES's Master League? As for the stadiums, look at the pictures of PES4's stadiums and you'll see they're vastly superior.

"stadiums don't have thousands of konami banners hanging around, the gameplay is better, it has story mode, training mode, you can import matches from manager games, you can use your EA profiles, you have thousands of team's home, away [I] and third kits[/I]" - actually, PES doesn't have any Konami banners around the stadiums, and as for the gameplay comment: hahaha. Story mode? What the hell are you on about? Plus most games have a Training mode, and you'll find that PES games are no different. Plus, who really gives a monkey's about EA profiles? Third kits... wow... because they're always in use. ....

"u can control multiple players at once with "Off The Ball", better visuals, in players, menus and stadiums" - if you play PES, you'll realise that the game is intelligent enough to move the players itself and isn't so retarded it needs you to do it manually. Off The Ball is unnecessary. Also, about the visuals... crap. PES outdoes FIFA in all visual areas, as Badgerman proved.

"the spanish FA cup, le cup d'france" - hahahaha. The FA Cup doesn't exist in Spain, and "d'france" doesn't even make sense, you idiot.

Look, kiddo, you've obviously been blinded by the advertising and the "OMG OFF DA BALL TRADEMARKED!!!!!!1111" rubbish, but if you took just a few seconds playing PES you'd realise how vastly superior it is both in terms of graphics and gameplay. Sadly, you're too idiotic to do such a thing, so we're doomed to having mongs like you in our presence. Ah well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.