GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC gamer or PC zone mags"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/07/04 at 18:22
Regular
" Born to ROCK!"
I get both these mags as I cant wait a full month before wanting to slouch on my sofa reading all the latest review etc. Lately I've been wondering if I should cut down to just getting one or the other but I cant choose. Which one is your favourite and why or do you get both like me?
Mon 26/07/04 at 18:22
Regular
" Born to ROCK!"
I get both these mags as I cant wait a full month before wanting to slouch on my sofa reading all the latest review etc. Lately I've been wondering if I should cut down to just getting one or the other but I cant choose. Which one is your favourite and why or do you get both like me?
Mon 26/07/04 at 18:33
Regular
"screw this"
pc gamer kicks a**
Mon 26/07/04 at 18:38
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
If you have the internet then don't bother with either - their demo discs have useless or old stuff on, and it can all be downloaded free anyway, and you can get more uptodate news/reviews elsewhere, again for free.

If you must have one, then go with Pcgamer.
Mon 26/07/04 at 18:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Zone.

Rather have a broadband connection and a decent PC, as Stranger said.
Mon 26/07/04 at 18:41
Regular
PC Gamer > *

But yeah, you don't need a mag.
Mon 26/07/04 at 18:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Zone is so > gamer
Mon 26/07/04 at 18:45
Regular
" Born to ROCK!"
Thats why I like the Mags, you can read them on the train, while having a dump, while sitting in the living room with your girlfriend drinking tea and watching a bit of T.V. out of the corner of your eye. Its PC entertainment away from your PC.

P.S I have Broadband and a decent rig but I still enjoy the mags.
Tue 27/07/04 at 08:19
Regular
"eat toast!"
i've always got pc gamer. But pcg is slowly losing its charm of being funny, informative and interesting. Its new design does make the magazine seem uncoordinated somehow. PCZ from what i've seen is okay, although i haven't paid too much attention to that mag.
Tue 27/07/04 at 23:03
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I like the new PCGamer design, didn't at first but it's slowly grown on me, I also love the new double sided DVD which is crammed with demos, movies and mods galore, perfect for me since I'm often too lazy to download them.

I have to agree though that the content just isn't quite what it once was. Reviews seem to be a little off, good games getting average marks (Vietcong) and bad games getting quite good scores (True Crime). But, I still find the reviews better than most that can be found online, even if I do find myself disagreeing all too often.
Tue 27/07/04 at 23:13
Regular
PC Gamer's greatest crime is rating Neverwinter Nights higher than BG II.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.