GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Possible Halo 2 Demo 24th August?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Tue 27/07/04 at 18:19
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
[URL]http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/n_3160-news.html[/URL]

See the SR news story, haven't had time to search the net yet and find where SR's staffie found the anagram answer but a post on bungie.net [URL]http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=392970[/URL] seems to suggest it originates from IGN Forum.

IGN Forum has a supposed scan of an advert in the US OXM for a special edition holiday mag [URL]http://www.wgpimagehost.com/pbpics/mag.jpg[/URL] - if real then it leads onto whether the new UK OXM will be doing a similar issue because we don't get our next OXM until the 17th I think.

Personally I think the magazine ad scan is genuine - if it was not I would expect it to be a much smaller picture, and including a demo would certianly help shift that mag by the bucketful... though I wouldn't be surprised if GAME for example gets a deal also what with them being buddies with MS.

ON another note the ilovebees.com website has many many new changes and additions, including more passages from the Fall Of Reach novel - so far I noticed the bit where one of the outer listening posts detects the covenant.

So, thoughts/info on the possible demo?
Tue 27/07/04 at 20:04
Regular
"\\"
I decided last year some time that if a demo were to be released i shall not play it. Who cares if i'll get pwned on xbox live on release date... It won't be as special.
Tue 27/07/04 at 19:54
Regular
"tokyo police club"
But it's just tolo tempting, my dears, and hearing people talk about the possible demo when (if) it gets released would be too much for me to take..
Tue 27/07/04 at 19:29
Regular
As much as I'd love a demo to materialise, part of me feels it will spoil the 'special fuzzy feeling' on launch day.

Being a complete Halo 2 Virgin on launch would probably be more fun than having already got to grips with controls, strategies etc.
Tue 27/07/04 at 19:21
Regular
"tokyo police club"
A single player demo wouldn't do much harm, if it was, say, a third of a level (a full level is too much to ask for, probably), but ba LIVE demo would kill it all. And end any hopes of me going out for the bext few months.
Tue 27/07/04 at 19:19
Regular
": ("
I want them to just re;ease loads of info/features about the game.
Tue 27/07/04 at 19:19
Regular
": ("
The demo would REALLY spoil things, it could be a Live demo.
Tue 27/07/04 at 19:18
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I'm going by that crazy anagram someone posted before.

They wouldn't give away too much of the online stuff yet, as people will just play it to death and tire of it too soon. It would, possibly, harm sales, in effect.

Single player would be able to whet the appetite, though.
Tue 27/07/04 at 19:16
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
gamesfreak wrote:
> Cyclone wrote:
> It was a launch game...?!
>
> Indeed, but I don't ever remember there being a demo, you
> know, for people to try out, you either got the game or you didn't.
>
> Simple as.

Demo was on OXM #6 along with making of featurette, this would be about 4-5 months after release. Many places bundled or discounted Halo with the console at launch, and it was basically the game you bought the console for. I don't know anyone who did not get the game with their console.

Halo 2, well it's been a long long time in the making and a single player release in august would certainly reinject excitement into people, especially those who are rather sick of waiting and don't give a toss about marketing ideas etc and just want to play it. Maybe,if their was a demo, then a Live distributed demo would be the answer, or have the demo on a disc with the official mag but it needs unlocking via Xbox Live? It's alienate many though, but would probably rocket up Live subscriptions... It's common for many PC games to release multiplayer only demos, maybe that will/could be what the demo will be?

It's all obviously speculation, I'll believe it when I have the demo on my console and not before!
Tue 27/07/04 at 19:07
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Is it just me, or does the aircraft boarding look a bit gimmicky?

Bah, I don't care, just as long as co-op pwns.
Tue 27/07/04 at 19:04
Regular
*downloads last years trailer*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.