GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good or bad game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/07/04 at 21:11
"possibly impossible"
Spiderman the Movie (first one)
Return of the king
Jedi Knight II
Nightfire.

Just trying to think of past games to get on my Cube. Any of these any good?
Tue 27/07/04 at 21:11
"possibly impossible"
Spiderman the Movie (first one)
Return of the king
Jedi Knight II
Nightfire.

Just trying to think of past games to get on my Cube. Any of these any good?
Tue 27/07/04 at 21:17
"period drama"
Nope.
Try again.
Tue 27/07/04 at 21:22
Regular
There are much better games you could get, just depends which games you already have.

If you can, get Ikaruga. Lost Kingdom games are pretty good (although nothing more). Reign of Fire, MegaMan: Network Transmission and Worms Blast are all quite good and relatively unknown too, plus very cheap.
Wed 28/07/04 at 04:12
Regular
"everyone says it"
pb wrote:
> Spiderman the Movie (first one)
> Return of the king
> Jedi Knight II
> Nightfire.
>
> Just trying to think of past games to get on my Cube. Any of these
> any good?

Spiderman - Not too good. I would avoid it unless you are a huge fan and it's very cheap! 4/10

Return of the King - Probably the best in the list. I'm a great fan of the series. Don't take the game seriously, it can be a great reward if picked up for a good price!

Jedi Knight II - leave these kinda games for the PC. The best SW game on the Cube is Rogue Leader III. Pick that up if you get the chance!

Nightfire - Overall a fun shooter, could be so much better. But worthy of a tenner. Can complete it in no time though.

Hope that helps Pb :)
Wed 28/07/04 at 21:28
"possibly impossible"
Cheers er-no, I've had varying degrees of reviews about the Spiderman game. I'm getting the second one tomorrow, but just wanted something cheap to play as well.

Still, I suppose there won't be too much playing done after September anyway...
Wed 28/07/04 at 21:40
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Was I the only one that loved JK2?
Wed 28/07/04 at 23:31
Regular
JEdi Knight 2 isn't just bad...

It's awful.

I have owned all of the games on that list and sold them all too.
Thu 29/07/04 at 10:57
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Jedi Knight II is so so much better on the PC. So so much better. And whatever you do don't get Nightfire, it's awful. Get Die Hard Vendetta if you MUST get a shooter, but if you're getting Spiderman 2, then I wouldn't fuss about getting a new game just yet, as it's a lot of fun.
Thu 29/07/04 at 12:57
Regular
Now Die Hard Vendetta, that is an underrated game.
Thu 29/07/04 at 12:58
Regular
BAD GAMES!

Return of the King's pretty decent in co-op, but otherwise avoid them all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.