GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Underated - Why? (Phwoar)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'prince of persia'.
Wed 28/07/04 at 10:39
Regular
"Bicycle"
Prince of Persia. Picked up a copy yesterday, brilliant game. But no, it's not popular? Why?!?

I loved the original, and from what I've played (15%) I love this too. Why no big thing about it? It's brilliant.
Wed 28/07/04 at 18:04
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
It's not hard to get a copy, they just cost a ton and I don't believe it's worth paying anything from £30-£70 for a Psone game no matter if it's the best game in the universe. Most I have ever paid for a Psone game recently was £10 and that was for Broken Sword II. Favourite PSone bargain recently was PacMan World for 1.99 - very good game!
Wed 28/07/04 at 17:47
Regular
"Bicycle"
Squall wrote:
> You obviously like it to. You would maybe like Suikoden

I want Suikoden.

Hard to get a copy though...
Wed 28/07/04 at 17:41
Regular
"Bicycle"
Squall wrote:
> As for sequels you may not like some of them but people do, you need
> alot of people to buy the game in order to make another. Where do you
> think the profit of the game goes towards?

I don't have a problem with sequels. In fact, sequels are great. I'm just saying they don't have to be popular, or the original doesn't have to be good, to have a sequel.

And it's not sales alone. Sure, it helps, but if you have a good publisher or backer or whatever I'm sure you can push out another.

Also, doesn't most of the money go to the developers and publishers? And from that, a small percentage would be used to create a sequel, generally as it uses a similiar / updated engine...
Wed 28/07/04 at 17:40
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
I loved ICO aswell.

You obviously like it to. You would maybe like Suikoden
Wed 28/07/04 at 17:38
Regular
"Bicycle"
Squall wrote:
> I have to disagree, why does the game go Platinum in the first place?

To sell more.

> Legia and Legia 2 are sitting in my lounge under my t.v beside my
> wide collection of games, they are one of my prize possesions, i love
> them.

Actually I have Legia 2... But that wasn't the point.
Wed 28/07/04 at 17:37
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
The Dragonball sequel(s) happened because it shifted a bucketload in the USA and Japan, and the people behind it were hoping for another Pokemon type craze. Same with the Gundam games on PS1 + 2.

Besides, to many people those three UBI games were underated. And it's sales alone that make Platinum titles, not anything else, I forget the sales figure but back when the line launched I can remember that much - sales in the territory had to exceed a certain number, and the game could only go platinum after a minimum of six months.

ICO is probably PS2's most underrated game. Why? It was different, it was difficult, it was Japanese.
Wed 28/07/04 at 17:35
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
I have to disagree, why does the game go Platinum in the first place?

Legia and Legia 2 are sitting in my lounge under my t.v beside my wide collection of games, they are one of my prize possesions, i love them.

As for sequels you may not like some of them but people do, you need alot of people to buy the game in order to make another. Where do you think the profit of the game goes towards?
Wed 28/07/04 at 17:28
Regular
"Bicycle"
I didn't say bad, I said underated.

Underated means people aren't loving it enough. Or it's not getting enough appreciation. Like Tilta said, it got brilliant reviews, but didn't sell nearly enough copies. However, as it's reviewers and other such people who decide whether the game goes platinum or not (aswell as sales), it did.

Capisch?

Also, you don't need to be good or well rated to get a sequel made. Who's heard of Legia? Hmm? Well there's Legia 2. Dragonball Budo-whatever sucked, but theres a sequel to that. And I'll bet neither sold that well.
Wed 28/07/04 at 17:20
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Because you don't have to sell masses to go Platinum.

Because all three were heavily discounted after Christmas in various sales, lets face it anything can sell at £9.99.

Because the PS2 bundle offers raised the sales of Prince Of Persia.

And why Prince Of Persia 2? Why indeed? won't be the first time a sequel has been released without any real difference to the original will it?
Wed 28/07/04 at 16:46
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Underated?

How is it underated when it has went Platinum and they are scheduled to making Prince Of Persia 2?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.