GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Importing Jap PS2 question- PLEASE HELP!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/07/04 at 21:35
Hi,

I'm about to import a Jap PS2 console. The question I have is this:

I already have an import(US)Gamecube that runs perfectly on the TV I own. So I know that the TV is 60Hz and supports NTSC for the US Gamecube console, will the TV I have suffice for the JAP PS2 console, or do I have to buy a NTSC>PAL converter?

Im sure there are quite a few console importers out here that would be able to offer some help. Please reply, please!

ANY assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

PurpleEvangelion.
Wed 28/07/04 at 21:35
Hi,

I'm about to import a Jap PS2 console. The question I have is this:

I already have an import(US)Gamecube that runs perfectly on the TV I own. So I know that the TV is 60Hz and supports NTSC for the US Gamecube console, will the TV I have suffice for the JAP PS2 console, or do I have to buy a NTSC>PAL converter?

Im sure there are quite a few console importers out here that would be able to offer some help. Please reply, please!

ANY assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

PurpleEvangelion.
Wed 28/07/04 at 21:46
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I am really sorry as I am not an importer myself.

Ask Lalakersrule, he knows everything about japanese and American PS2s.
Wed 28/07/04 at 21:50
Regular
"Bicycle"
I'm guessing you have a new TV - hence it should support both NTSC and PAL formats - especially since the US GC worked on it.

Anyway, it can't hurt to use it, worst that can happen is nothing, and you having to go buy something or other.
Thu 29/07/04 at 07:30
Regular
Triple Post :(
Thu 29/07/04 at 07:31
Regular
WTF? I'm sure I clicked on Edit and not Quote...

Stoopid fing.
Thu 29/07/04 at 07:31
Regular
If your TV can run a US GC, it can run a Jap PS2.

Don't worry about it.

EDIT - Can I ask - why are you getting a Jap PS2? Most of the games will be indecipherable. You'd be better off buying a UK one and chipping it - that way you can enjoy US PS2 games too.
Thu 29/07/04 at 07:48
Regular
"Bicycle"
Or buying an HDloader...

:D
Thu 29/07/04 at 07:50
Regular
Speaking of HDLoader...

*puts £25 aside*
Thu 29/07/04 at 08:56
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Okay (a mini hijack of the thread), seeing as my curiousity about FF Tactics has been aroused (again). Are there any gadgets out there that will allow me to play imports from American without having to chip my PS2?

lalakersrule seemed to hint in another thread that I didn't need to chip or mod my PS2. I've had a nip around the internet but most of it is double dutch to me - note that I have reverted to one of my original tag lines :D
Thu 29/07/04 at 09:03
Regular
The Flip-Top lid is probably your best bet. No chipping - just replace the top cover of the PS2 so you can access the DVD drive without having to press eject. Works in a similar way to the 'pen-trick' on PS1 in that you load a PAL game up, then switch it for a Import at a certain point.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.