GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gettin an N64"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/07/04 at 17:00
Regular
"the burning sky"
Right, i'm lookin to buy a reasonably cheap N64. For some reason, i really want one now the summers here, so any advice on what games to pick up, and where the best place to get one is? Cheers in advance...
Sun 15/08/04 at 11:25
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> The N64 cost £300 when it was released. I'm betting that almost
> everyone who posts inthe Nintendo Forum owned an N64 during it's
> lifetime.

Someone convinced me that the controllers needed batteries when it first came out, (he was talking about Rumble packs though, I think) so I ended up not getting one.
Never have had one.
:(
Sun 15/08/04 at 11:23
Regular
Damn.
I spent my money on Franz Ferdinand tickets instead.
Nooooo.
Sun 15/08/04 at 00:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
maddmun wrote:
> Is that the one in Union Street?
> I may have to raid my bank.

Nearly two weeks late with the reply. But anyway.

Yeah, that's the one.
Sat 14/08/04 at 17:06
Regular
I assume every essential and worthwhile game's been mentioned by now, so I'll just recommend a couple of lesser known, personal favourites.

The World is Not Enough actually had some fairly decent level design and an addictive multiplayer. Nothing on Goldeneye, but there were some nice gadgets and the FPS dynamics were up to scratch.

International Track & Field is a good bet for some varied mini-games and remains one of the best olympic-style games I've played. Addictive, satisfying, challenging and a decent multiplayer laugh too. Be warned though; it requires button bashing.

And just in case they haven't been mentioned, you should be looking to get the following:

Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day, GoldenEye 007, Lylat Wars, Mario Kart 64, Mario Tennis, Rogue Squadron, Mario 64, Super Smash Bros., 1080 Snowboarding, Zelda: Majora's Mask, Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
Sat 14/08/04 at 16:51
Regular
"Raw on"
A good place to get one is gamestation or on a market if you have one in your region. Games are fairly hard to come by and are always in the retro section :(

games you NEED to get are:

GoldenEye
Perfect Dark*
Donkey Kong 64*
Silicon Valley is good (got mine brand new years ago for £12 mwhaha)
Diddy Kong Racing - a MUST!
Mario 64
Banjo Kazooie
(*needs an expansion pack)
as for the rest - there are a lot of good games (and a few rubbish ones!)

look for anything by rare - they were the best developers for ninteno (before they sold out to other consoles)
Thu 12/08/04 at 21:14
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Mine cost me £230 when I got it I think.
It's gone now, though.

:'(
Thu 12/08/04 at 21:06
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The N64 cost £300 when it was released. I'm betting that almost everyone who posts inthe Nintendo Forum owned an N64 during it's lifetime.
Thu 12/08/04 at 12:56
Regular
"ufundo has landed"
Emulators have always been best for older nintendo consoles: NES & SNES for example. Why not the N64?
Thu 12/08/04 at 12:52
Regular
"ufundo has landed"
Am I the only one who bought an N64 back when it was originally on sale (for £100 aswell)?
Tue 03/08/04 at 16:25
Regular
"where's my tag?"
gamer2005 wrote:
> Do Special Reserve sell ANYTHING to do with N64?
>
> Me and my cousin, both bought a pikachu N64, but have reletively few
> games and trying to find a copy of Super Mario 64 is a nightmare.
>
> Please special reserve....get some retro N64 games in!

No retailers/publishers make much money on the back of hardcore gamers alone, going back to retro software/hardware just wont sell well to casual gamers who make up 90% of the market (figure taken from thin air).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.