GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX, XBOX, XBOX!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/06/01 at 21:38
Regular
*sigh* I don't know why people keep flaming this damn console, just because it's made by Microsoft, and that they will be big competition, a lot of you people out there don't like it. When are you PS2, and GCN lovers gonna learn that the XBOX is going to knock out all existing consoles. And i can guarantee you that people right now are disagreeing with me, in more ways than one. One of the reasons i could guess would be, "But Nintendo are the BEST for original games!", well, technically at the moment, yeah, but whats to say the XBOX won't have more original games? I mean, you really don't think you can compare Nintendo's originality to Microsoft can you? Ha, hahaha. This is Microsoft's first go at creating a games console, so you can't say they can't do original games. And you can't substitute PC games for that statement because these are totally different developers. There are at least 900 developers already working on the XBOX. Another thing, I read a post earlier saying that the XBOX is just a PC in a box. Let me get something straight, technically, EVERY console is a PC in a box if you look at it that way, and also that person said that they were gonna release Word, and Excel, etc. on it. That is complete and utter *BS*. There are currently no plans, i repeat NO PLANS for Microsoft to make the XBOX like a PC. They have confirmed that they have no plans to release a keyboard for it, as it would make people uneasy about the console side of it. All i'm saying is, give Microsoft a chance with this one, you don't know what they can do in the console world. And i don't know why people hate and flame Microsoft SOOOO much, after all, a majority of you run Windows right? So what are you going on about?

------------------
Keepin' it gangsta
Mon 25/06/01 at 23:49
The XBox won't have windows. Anycase if it did, they'd be sealed shut so no outside fumes could get in.

Dan2K1

King of Blah.
Mon 25/06/01 at 23:23
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Smuggler wrote:
And i don't know why people hate and flame
> Microsoft SOOOO much, after all, a majority of you run Windows
> right? So what are you going on
> about?

Most of us run windows as currently there is no other Operating system other than that and unix that are good enough to use. But windows is far far far from perfect, its full of problems and bugs. Thats why many people are worried about the X-box
Mon 25/06/01 at 23:03
Dan you've passed that mark.
Mon 25/06/01 at 21:37
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Spider II wrote:
> Dan, i'll start my story tommorow. Hopefully it's good...

I don't see no story Spider. Well what happened?

(:o|
Mon 25/06/01 at 21:33
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
X-Box = Too Big
Sun 24/06/01 at 22:18
Good stuff.

Bet it's funny.

Ooh I'm close to the legendary 200,000 word mark.
Sun 24/06/01 at 22:16
Regular
"everyone says it"
Dan2k1, I have written your topic challenge!

EASY!

:) but I will not post it until I have read Spiders...
Sun 24/06/01 at 22:12
When were we not friends? I have nothing against the people of these forums - I accept people's views and opinions, but when they post complete and utter rubbish - like that bloke who said I was an Albanian, I don't take too kindly to it.

Improve your posts, as you have been, and you will gain more respect. Just don't try too hard to get people to like you - I'm looking forward to your topic.

Dan
Sun 24/06/01 at 22:10
Regular
"everyone says it"
Smug, I already have taken a disliking to you...

... but I feel I should say hi anyway so

'HI'
Sun 24/06/01 at 22:09
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Dan, we friends now???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.