GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX, XBOX, XBOX!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/06/01 at 21:38
Regular
*sigh* I don't know why people keep flaming this damn console, just because it's made by Microsoft, and that they will be big competition, a lot of you people out there don't like it. When are you PS2, and GCN lovers gonna learn that the XBOX is going to knock out all existing consoles. And i can guarantee you that people right now are disagreeing with me, in more ways than one. One of the reasons i could guess would be, "But Nintendo are the BEST for original games!", well, technically at the moment, yeah, but whats to say the XBOX won't have more original games? I mean, you really don't think you can compare Nintendo's originality to Microsoft can you? Ha, hahaha. This is Microsoft's first go at creating a games console, so you can't say they can't do original games. And you can't substitute PC games for that statement because these are totally different developers. There are at least 900 developers already working on the XBOX. Another thing, I read a post earlier saying that the XBOX is just a PC in a box. Let me get something straight, technically, EVERY console is a PC in a box if you look at it that way, and also that person said that they were gonna release Word, and Excel, etc. on it. That is complete and utter *BS*. There are currently no plans, i repeat NO PLANS for Microsoft to make the XBOX like a PC. They have confirmed that they have no plans to release a keyboard for it, as it would make people uneasy about the console side of it. All i'm saying is, give Microsoft a chance with this one, you don't know what they can do in the console world. And i don't know why people hate and flame Microsoft SOOOO much, after all, a majority of you run Windows right? So what are you going on about?

------------------
Keepin' it gangsta
Sun 24/06/01 at 21:38
*sigh* I don't know why people keep flaming this damn console, just because it's made by Microsoft, and that they will be big competition, a lot of you people out there don't like it. When are you PS2, and GCN lovers gonna learn that the XBOX is going to knock out all existing consoles. And i can guarantee you that people right now are disagreeing with me, in more ways than one. One of the reasons i could guess would be, "But Nintendo are the BEST for original games!", well, technically at the moment, yeah, but whats to say the XBOX won't have more original games? I mean, you really don't think you can compare Nintendo's originality to Microsoft can you? Ha, hahaha. This is Microsoft's first go at creating a games console, so you can't say they can't do original games. And you can't substitute PC games for that statement because these are totally different developers. There are at least 900 developers already working on the XBOX. Another thing, I read a post earlier saying that the XBOX is just a PC in a box. Let me get something straight, technically, EVERY console is a PC in a box if you look at it that way, and also that person said that they were gonna release Word, and Excel, etc. on it. That is complete and utter *BS*. There are currently no plans, i repeat NO PLANS for Microsoft to make the XBOX like a PC. They have confirmed that they have no plans to release a keyboard for it, as it would make people uneasy about the console side of it. All i'm saying is, give Microsoft a chance with this one, you don't know what they can do in the console world. And i don't know why people hate and flame Microsoft SOOOO much, after all, a majority of you run Windows right? So what are you going on about?

------------------
Keepin' it gangsta
Sun 24/06/01 at 21:44
Regular
"Hoo Har"
You havn't been hre a day so you won't know who supports who. And if you want the answer for the conolse wars check out Console Wars: Setteled once and for all, and it will tell you why you will be hated for this topic!

:)

p.s. It helps if you use paragraphs, more people will read it as it is easier to read. :)
Sun 24/06/01 at 21:47
Oh right sorry.
Well I haven't been here a day and you're right, and as obvious as it can get, i can't have read EVERY post or topic on here.
But what i really REALLY want to know is: Why do people not like the XBOX one bit?
Thats what i want to know

----------------------
Keepin' it gangsta
Sun 24/06/01 at 21:50
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Who said they don't like it ONE SINGLE BIT???

I'm not a fan of Xbox, but I think it will be a gtood consoel, even though i think it will do the worst out of PS2, Gcube and DC.
Sun 24/06/01 at 21:51
You won't be hated AT ALL. If you have a look in the Prime FOG forum, you might be able to find my XBOX: DEFINITELY THE FUTURE post, which may prove interesting to you.

Welcome to Special Reserve.
Sun 24/06/01 at 21:53
> will do the worst out of PS2, Gcube and DC.

It can't do anyworse than the Dreamcast.
Sun 24/06/01 at 21:54
Alright, Alright, so i might have been exaggerating a tiny bit there, but it's along the same lines.
But why don't, and why won't people like it that much?
I'm a BIG fan of XBOX, but i also... like the other consoles, GCN, PS2,Dc etc., but not as much, but i don't hate them, or jump down someones throat because they like them better.
I give everything a fair chance, and if i don't like something, then i don't like it, but i don't go shouting it about at people that it's crap or whatever, when it's like not even released yet.

---------------------
Keepin' it gangsta
Sun 24/06/01 at 21:55
Regular
"Hoo Har"
How do you know that. People actually looked forward to the DC!

Anyway, if Microsoft fail they'll just do something like Xbox: The expainsion kit!!!
Sun 24/06/01 at 21:57
expainsion?

I'd bet my life on the XBOX outselling the Dreamcast.
Sun 24/06/01 at 21:57
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Summgeler.. Not many people know much about Xnox yet, it isn't out and theres no magazines for it. I didn't say you would be hated by doing topics like this, i meant to say people will hate you if you dont use a paragraphs and SPAG, turs, i know.

And why do you always say keepin' it Gangsta??? It's bugging me!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.