GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Command and conquer generals"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Command & Conquer: Generals'.
Sun 01/08/04 at 18:03
Regular
"Smiggers 42"
I have just aqquired the above game but I need the install code as the one on the book dosen't work please help.
Sun 01/08/04 at 18:03
Regular
"Smiggers 42"
I have just aqquired the above game but I need the install code as the one on the book dosen't work please help.
Sun 01/08/04 at 18:08
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Gah, dude, if you're gonna download games illegally, at least do some research as to where you can get serial codes from.
Sun 01/08/04 at 19:07
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
If you are having a genuine problem then try and type in 0 instead of o, 2 instead of s , etc, printing can be pretty bad on the manuals. If they don't work then take it back to the store or ring the tech support line on the back of the manual tomorrow when they open.

Unless you've downloaded warez in which case here's hoping Elspa dispatches a crack terminator team to your address. Unlikely but it's a nice visual image.
Sun 01/08/04 at 19:34
Regular
In his defence, there was a problem with a batch of that game where the wrong keycodes were given.

If he takes it back to the shop he bought it from they should have the correct keycode in sticker form otherwise they'll have to give you your money back.

I know this from when I worked in Game last year - we had to stick the correct keycodes in the cases.
Sun 01/08/04 at 19:45
Regular
"A man with a stick"
When I got Black Hawk Down it didn't come with a CD-Key, so I got one from the web, which is allot more easy than you might think.
Sun 01/08/04 at 19:49
Regular
Ring the support line, the same happened to me. I think it is option 3 for the number in the back of the book which takes you stright to the support line for their code problems. Have the CD's ready as they require you to read from them. It's a b*stard and all their fault but it can be sorted very quickly, just a shame you won't be able to play it until tomorrow, excellent game.
Mon 02/08/04 at 00:02
Regular
The worst in the series, but a good game none the less.
Mon 02/08/04 at 00:10
Regular
"Smiggers 42"
Gah Dude How stupid are you where in my email does it say I downloaded it illegally learn to read first before you criticise people. This message is fopr Bob the Sherriff. Cheers for the help from the rest of you.
Mon 02/08/04 at 10:11
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
The problem is that we regularly get new members to the forum post here that they have somehow not got a CD Key for a variety of reasons, and most of us are cynically minded...

Also if we ourselves genuinelly did not have a valid key we'd be giving the relevant store or technical support line some constructive criticism.

Case in point is the rollercoaster tycoon no cd patch topic.
Mon 02/08/04 at 10:47
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Smiggers 42 wrote:
> Gah Dude How stupid are you where in my email does it say I downloaded
> it illegally learn to read first before you criticise people.

Right, if I'd just bought a game and the CD code didn't work, the first thing I'd do would be to return the game or phone the technical support line.
You, however, have sought out strangers on the internet on a forum you've never posted on before in the off chance one of them keeps a stash of C&C CD codes and hope they'll give you one.
If you bought the game legally, where's the sense in that?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.