GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Serious GAD problem!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/06/01 at 17:08
Regular
Sorry Kermitboy and Game, but I have revised my opinion and have come to a new conclusion. Their GADs should be taken away!!

After I stumbled upon Games GAD i found it quite amusing, but also was worried that it may cause some untruthful GAD attempts from all corners. What have I uncovered, a seedy trail of GAD winners who I do not believe for a second have the articulate prowess to write a proper sentence never minad a coherent argument or review!!!

Kermitboy, sorry to do this but, I think SR may wish to read this review http://www.gamezone.com/ gamesell/p11761.htm. You may find it is word for word exactly the same as Kermitboy's!!! Casa Nova has also written a good review of Extermination, but again I am highly suspicious and if anyone knows where the original can be found, post it.

I am all for the freedom of speech etc. but I am not willing to sit back and watch decent articles written by the likes of DAN2K1, not win because of people blatantly cheating. I know Game didn't do this, and SR made the mistake on that one, but the reviews are beyond the joke. Just read a few of them, especially by newbies and very few are capable of such a professional standard!!

I am shocked and appauled that such a decent scheme is being so blatanty ripped off by these vultures and I am quite sure SR will feel the same. Decent honest people put hours into writing really good posts and thene inarticulate wasters come along and use the copy and paste function to get a free game!!!

I am truely disheartened!!!

Bonus. :(
Page:
Sun 24/06/01 at 17:08
Regular
Sorry Kermitboy and Game, but I have revised my opinion and have come to a new conclusion. Their GADs should be taken away!!

After I stumbled upon Games GAD i found it quite amusing, but also was worried that it may cause some untruthful GAD attempts from all corners. What have I uncovered, a seedy trail of GAD winners who I do not believe for a second have the articulate prowess to write a proper sentence never minad a coherent argument or review!!!

Kermitboy, sorry to do this but, I think SR may wish to read this review http://www.gamezone.com/ gamesell/p11761.htm. You may find it is word for word exactly the same as Kermitboy's!!! Casa Nova has also written a good review of Extermination, but again I am highly suspicious and if anyone knows where the original can be found, post it.

I am all for the freedom of speech etc. but I am not willing to sit back and watch decent articles written by the likes of DAN2K1, not win because of people blatantly cheating. I know Game didn't do this, and SR made the mistake on that one, but the reviews are beyond the joke. Just read a few of them, especially by newbies and very few are capable of such a professional standard!!

I am shocked and appauled that such a decent scheme is being so blatanty ripped off by these vultures and I am quite sure SR will feel the same. Decent honest people put hours into writing really good posts and thene inarticulate wasters come along and use the copy and paste function to get a free game!!!

I am truely disheartened!!!

Bonus. :(
Sun 24/06/01 at 17:11
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
A lot of cheating going on here recently. I think people expect to get away with it, but they never seem to..................
Sun 24/06/01 at 17:12
Regular
Bonus wrote:

"not willing to sit back and watch decent articles written by the likes of DAN2K1, not win because of people blatantly cheating."

Agreed. That's the main problem really... Game winning was a mistake yes, but their were obviously more deserving people that day, and they should be noted.
Sun 24/06/01 at 17:14
Regular
those who copy reviews from other sites or magazines should not just have their games taken off them but should also be banned!

However if they say in the message they copied it from a particular source then that's fine as long as that message doesn't count for Gameaday.

Bonus, knowing most of the UKdiscussions members, they'll just tell you to either 'Zippit'-Sniper, or tell you to ignore it, or 'you'll have to live with it', etc.

no one will take notice of these messages but it wont be any fault of your own. It's because of the single minded cellective. They used to be called the Borg, but here they are called UKchatforums members!
Sun 24/06/01 at 17:20
Regular
I don't think so Edgy, because they have a bigger problem with me!!! I wont just sit down because they tell me to!! Me and Er-no sttod up against the cheats and they fell (before he was a notable) and Grix agrees with me on this one, I think there will be a wealth of support for this!!

I think if cheating is going to conitnue like this, then the only way to weed it out is to ban reviews from GAD, or only award GADs after a few days looking into the post has been undertaken!!
Sun 24/06/01 at 17:22
hey u said summin bout newbies writin things that r proffesional but how do u know they aint just a pc for ages and have much practice at things like that so u could be trying to bann them wen bassicaly there just pure amazing at writin things
Sun 24/06/01 at 17:26
Regular
I have proven Kermitboy to be a cheat!!! I amn't saying all Newbies, but if you were to come out with a top class review I would be very suspicious!!
Sun 24/06/01 at 17:31
Cheers for the mention. Agreed. I may not boast the technical linguini of some of these pro reviewers, but yeah I would NEVER dream of copying someone else's review and never have done.

Kermitboy is a cheat too? You should send an email to Special Reserve.

I located Daz10 as a cheat and he has subsequently been banned. Also another person - I think 'Simpo' had copied some reviews.

Dan

Agreance rules.
Sun 24/06/01 at 17:32
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
kijwngrokjbnwrvg! - Look at all the trouble i've caused...

Sorry!

Anyway... people have always won for cheating... I don't think it should happen but it does. We should have an EXTRA EXTRA GAD for the best solution to prevent, and deal with, cheaters.

Pervertion is better than a cure! I think maybe we should encourage people to write good reviews and offer help on spelling and grammar etc.

It's a long shot, but quality would be increased and a new benchmark for all members could be set!

Game
Sun 24/06/01 at 17:33
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I don't think that's very fair Bonus. Just because a newbie hasn't been on THIS site for very long it doesn't mean that they are not very clever people. You can have a dumb regular who's only become a regular because of writing pointless things. You can have a newbie who has posted reviews of a very high standard on other sites and has just joined Special Reserve. It doesn't make them any less intelligent.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.