GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EA/ Eidios buy out"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/08/04 at 15:39
Regular
When we hear Eidios we think of a Brit publisher that has screwed Nintendo out of Deus ex, Tomb Raider and of course the third installment of the Hitman franchise.

But aha, Nintendo friendly jugganaught EA maybe set to buy out the publisher! Which means? That's right, Eidios' games may be making its way on to a Gamecube near us! Roll on Hitman 4 and Tomb Raider 99...

*Groan*
Fri 13/08/04 at 23:07
Regular
"wIeRd"
If Ninty loses EA then they are totally stuffed, think of all those amazing EA games that have graced the gamecube.
Tue 10/08/04 at 00:19
Regular
Heh, I really thought that was a typo. So the past few years Eidos never existed as that "independent, British publisher" then?

Anyway, it turns out Ubisoft is set for the buyout; apparently they were in negotiations for years now, sbut I guess EA can easily be confused with the French publisher. After all, what with the new Spanish one Eidios it can get mightily confusing.
Sat 07/08/04 at 18:38
Regular
"a.k.a King"
It was a shame Contracts didn't appear on Cube, but I don't really care about Tomb Raider......
Sat 07/08/04 at 16:44
Regular
"Underbean"
i like the sims
Thu 05/08/04 at 23:40
Regular
Ashman wrote:
> Heh, we just have to hope that EA won't abandon us now!

Nintendo are terrified of losing this giant. To make sure it sells Nintendo produce their own adverts advertising EA games with just the Nintendo logo. They also send out e-mails and give some away on the website. Not to mention the fact Nintendo wave some of the royalties EA have to pay.
Wed 04/08/04 at 23:57
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Would be good but personally it doesn't matter to me. The only Eidos game I've bought is TimeSplitters, and Future Perfect is being put out by EA anyway.
Wed 04/08/04 at 16:58
Regular
This certainly sounds good to me!

I hope it happens - even if I don't like the Hitman or Tomb Raider series :D
Wed 04/08/04 at 16:12
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Heh, we just have to hope that EA won't abandon us now!
Wed 04/08/04 at 15:39
Regular
When we hear Eidios we think of a Brit publisher that has screwed Nintendo out of Deus ex, Tomb Raider and of course the third installment of the Hitman franchise.

But aha, Nintendo friendly jugganaught EA maybe set to buy out the publisher! Which means? That's right, Eidios' games may be making its way on to a Gamecube near us! Roll on Hitman 4 and Tomb Raider 99...

*Groan*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.