GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Godammit MSN Viruses!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/06/01 at 18:38
Regular
I was talking to Spider earlier, when suddenly, on my screen, popped 'Would you like to accept the file 'shoot George Bush'. I clicked no, since it sounds carp. Then down the bottom of the window appeared '[email protected] and Spider are typing'.
'How could this be' I thought - I was only in a conversation with Spider, and no one else. Then I was bombarded be loads of ;) (winky) faces from Spider. I demanded Spider to tell me what he was doing, but he said he knew nothing, and that he could not see the winky faces.

I think this happened to me once before Spider.

My guess is that is a virus. When you run it it tries to send itself to others via MSN, and then annoys the heck out of you.

Am I right? Has anybody else experienced it?
Sat 23/06/01 at 21:41
well im off but i shall be bak tomorow bye bye big hug oooohhhhh ,sorry i was getting hypnotysed about watching teletubbies so many times cos my brother just has to watch em
Sat 23/06/01 at 21:38
how about an anti norton virus expansion disk that makes it detect viruses cos i scanned a virus which i knew was a virus and would ya beleive it , it sed there was no viruses found
Sat 23/06/01 at 21:31
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Is it just me or is everything that contains the word microsoft poorly created. There seems to be loads of bugs,missing code,viruses. Surely with all his money Mr gates would be able to make a piece of software that actualy did its job properly without all these hassles.
Sat 23/06/01 at 21:27
didnt u hear he accidently used the wrong adress
Sat 23/06/01 at 21:25
Spider - how come you are now Spider 2001, and not Spider II?

As i recall Spider 2001 was the annoying, pointless post Spider, worse than Spider II.

You can't help this virus spreading. It automatically send itself to everyone online, whether you like it or not.
Sat 23/06/01 at 21:20
yo how the hell do people make viruses for msn and why most of them are just stupid
Sat 23/06/01 at 21:18
i was virused once. girst it not a virus it a worm so dont worry, itll go of your comp if you restart. what hapend to me was my messeneger sent a e-mail to every1 online saying i want to send some file(not the bush one) then replied with me telling them to accept. everybody started asking me what it is and i didnt know what they were talking bout but then one of my mates who knows bout computers told me what happend. u dont download it but it sends from other peoples computers without them knowing it. and spider i think u might have send the bush file to other people aswell if they were online. i dont know about when it said george bush was typing.
Sat 23/06/01 at 21:09
Regular
Not like you know alot.
Sat 23/06/01 at 21:06
Sniper wrote:
> CLose MSN spider.

Youb obviusly don't know a lot on this subject Sniper as you cant do that, and you can't delete. It's a virus, not a program. Stop trying to help if you talking a load of rubbish!!!!
Sat 23/06/01 at 20:17
Regular
CLose MSN spider.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.