GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Godammit MSN Viruses!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/06/01 at 18:38
Regular
I was talking to Spider earlier, when suddenly, on my screen, popped 'Would you like to accept the file 'shoot George Bush'. I clicked no, since it sounds carp. Then down the bottom of the window appeared '[email protected] and Spider are typing'.
'How could this be' I thought - I was only in a conversation with Spider, and no one else. Then I was bombarded be loads of ;) (winky) faces from Spider. I demanded Spider to tell me what he was doing, but he said he knew nothing, and that he could not see the winky faces.

I think this happened to me once before Spider.

My guess is that is a virus. When you run it it tries to send itself to others via MSN, and then annoys the heck out of you.

Am I right? Has anybody else experienced it?
Sat 23/06/01 at 18:38
I was talking to Spider earlier, when suddenly, on my screen, popped 'Would you like to accept the file 'shoot George Bush'. I clicked no, since it sounds carp. Then down the bottom of the window appeared '[email protected] and Spider are typing'.
'How could this be' I thought - I was only in a conversation with Spider, and no one else. Then I was bombarded be loads of ;) (winky) faces from Spider. I demanded Spider to tell me what he was doing, but he said he knew nothing, and that he could not see the winky faces.

I think this happened to me once before Spider.

My guess is that is a virus. When you run it it tries to send itself to others via MSN, and then annoys the heck out of you.

Am I right? Has anybody else experienced it?
Sat 23/06/01 at 18:41
It also says: Spider says "President bush shooter is game that allows you to shoot Bush balzz" hahaha.

Spider did not say that, and the font and font size were neutral. (Black and Arial)
Sat 23/06/01 at 18:44
Regular
"everyone says it"
MSN virus!

HA HA!

All I can say is you stupid stupid fools for downloading it in the first place!

MSN equals virus!

Microsoft equals goodbye PC
Sat 23/06/01 at 18:47
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I want a Mac...........Donalds!

:D
Sat 23/06/01 at 18:48
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Yes my freind also has this virus. I only found out about 3 mins ago. I wondered why he was flooding the place out with ;)'s for.
Sat 23/06/01 at 18:50
I didn't download it - Spider did, or recieved it off someone else. I just was part of the victims list!
Sat 23/06/01 at 19:04
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Is there a way of deleting it?
Sat 23/06/01 at 19:16
Regular
Lucky you didn't get you're account hacked into!
Sat 23/06/01 at 19:29
Everyone, get a virus checker NOW!!!
Sat 23/06/01 at 19:30
Regular
"Hoo Har"
how???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.