GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Handhelds - The future?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/08/04 at 11:09
"Retarded List"
The next generation of consoles are just round the corner. Excited? Genuinly excited? Developers are fast running out of ideas for consoles. How powerful can a system get before people get bored with it? By the time PS3 & Xbox 2 arrive, the ideas for new and unique games will have all but died. So. Where will we go then? PC games will probably go the way of consoles. I think the answer lies in handhelds.
Up until now handhelds have sort of taken a back seat to home consoles. But only now are developers realising the true potential of portable consoles. Imagine the possbibilities... I think gamers are going to have to come to terms with the fact that consoles are dying. And developers can only come up with so many ideas before turning towards new things. Handhelds, I think, are the future of gaming.
Sat 21/08/04 at 23:04
Regular
"ProGolfer"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Holograms just aren't going to happen, and voice-activated screens?
> Where the hell did that come from, and what does it matter?
>
> No, like Ninty's been saying (and it's pretty obvious) - eventually,
> console's are going to hit a barrier where better graphics just
> aren't possible any more. And where do you go from there?
> I doubt PS4 could really improve that much over PS3, or any of the
> next-gen consoles.
>
> Handheld will eventually come up to speed - look at the leap from GBA
> to DS, it's bloody massive, bigger than any recent technological
> gaming leaps. The same'll happen, until handhelds can perform exactly
> as the top-spec consoles and easily sail on past.

You say we will eventually reach a limit, but people said the earth was flat at one point... Dont know if you have been to America but there games arcades are a lot better than what we have here in the UK. They have 3D goggle games, you are actually on a platform and that is why it is only possible to have arcade machines of it but 3D is definatly the way forward i feel, although i feel this could be even past the PS4 era.
Fri 13/08/04 at 20:27
"Is U Is Or Is U Ain"
I prefer playong consoles on a big TV but I love handheld for long journeys.
Wed 11/08/04 at 19:29
Regular
"8==="
I prefer playing on a big tv.
Wed 11/08/04 at 18:53
"Hi"
Yes, handheld is the future, unfortuantly. I prefer home consoles and I hope there around for alot longer.
Tue 10/08/04 at 22:37
"period drama"
Holograms just aren't going to happen, and voice-activated screens? Where the hell did that come from, and what does it matter?

No, like Ninty's been saying (and it's pretty obvious) - eventually, console's are going to hit a barrier where better graphics just aren't possible any more. And where do you go from there?
I doubt PS4 could really improve that much over PS3, or any of the next-gen consoles.

Handheld will eventually come up to speed - look at the leap from GBA to DS, it's bloody massive, bigger than any recent technological gaming leaps. The same'll happen, until handhelds can perform exactly as the top-spec consoles and easily sail on past.
Sat 07/08/04 at 18:37
Regular
""It's me u want""
I value your opinion, but I do not think handhelds will be the future for gaming. Consoles or voice activated screens or holographic images projected into a room or space may possibly be where we are heading.
Sat 07/08/04 at 11:09
"Retarded List"
The next generation of consoles are just round the corner. Excited? Genuinly excited? Developers are fast running out of ideas for consoles. How powerful can a system get before people get bored with it? By the time PS3 & Xbox 2 arrive, the ideas for new and unique games will have all but died. So. Where will we go then? PC games will probably go the way of consoles. I think the answer lies in handhelds.
Up until now handhelds have sort of taken a back seat to home consoles. But only now are developers realising the true potential of portable consoles. Imagine the possbibilities... I think gamers are going to have to come to terms with the fact that consoles are dying. And developers can only come up with so many ideas before turning towards new things. Handhelds, I think, are the future of gaming.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.