GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why does the Cube miss out on Big Titles?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/08/04 at 18:42
Regular
"a.k.a King"
I know Acclaim left Ninty, so we won't get Burnout 3, but why didn't:

Eidos give us Hitman: Contracts
Why is Max Payne on GBA and not Cube
EA give us Fight Night 04
Why do Ubisoft take so long to bring games onto Cube
Why don't Rockstar make games for Cube
Codemasters give us McRae
THQ give us Moto GP

Is it cuz they wouldn't sell on the Cube?? I need answers man . . . . . . . .
Mon 09/08/04 at 14:58
Regular
"8==="
I agree on the single playerfront I'd say the cube is the best, with the exceptions being Halo, Morrowind and a few choice others (phantom Crash perhaps).

However I am 85% swayed by multiplayer and online so there you go.

(and a harddisk just makes it all so much easier too)
Mon 09/08/04 at 13:42
Regular
This is how I see it (I've already, said, but meh); the XBox has more quality titles, but the GameCube has better quality titles. But that's just my opinion. :-P

The only trouble is, alot of the XBox's killer titles turn to be anti-climax's, Sudeki for example...
Mon 09/08/04 at 13:05
Regular
Personally, I fall somewhere inbetween.

I prefer the selection of games available on the GameCube to the Xbox's back catalogue, though calling the Xbox selection "surprisingly average" is ridiculous.

Project Gotham Racing 2, Deus Ex 2, Morrowind, Knights of the Old Republic, Jedi Academy, Splinter Cell 2 and even the vastly overrated Halo are all way above standard. You tell me you'd give all of these 5/10? Pfft.
Mon 09/08/04 at 10:46
Regular
"8==="
and as for 'surprisingly average' games I think you'll find that depends on what you're used to.

Nintendo games are surprisingly average to me since I've been used to them for so long whereas the titles I've picked up for xbox seem to be a refreshing change from my N64 days. Games like Deathrow, Morrowind, Deus Ex, Rallisport Challenge + various live and multiformat titles are anything but average to me.

But no doubt it'll be like argueing with a brick wall.
Mon 09/08/04 at 10:40
Regular
"8==="
I think Rainbow Six 3 might have caused a FEW units to be sold last christmas and also the PGR2 bundle (clinical game that it is) that an the actual existence of Xbox Live.

Sure Rainbow Six is multiformat but it's quite clear that the best version is the xbox one and that was a console exclusive on xbox for christmas if I remember correctly.
Same sort of thing goes for Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow with the hype surrounding that game.
Mon 09/08/04 at 09:26
Regular
Rickoss wrote:

> I'll admit that these AAA titles are few and far between, and the
> XBox has more quality titles of the three formats,

Rubbish, X-box games are surprisingly average, they have some nice games but those tend to be dissapointing to be honest.

The major problem the X-box has is that since it's launch Halo has sold it. Halo sold it when it's launched, Sold it this Christmas gone and is still selling it now. X-box has consistant sales and they happen to be very similar to Halo's consistant sales.

As for Nintendo well Pikmin caused a surge in hardware sales, as did Sunshine, as did Metroid Prime, as did Wind Waker, as did Mario Kart and Pokemon Colleseum.

Resident Evil also helped a small increase.

My point? Nintendo release multiple games that shift the system. Microsoft's second system shifter is Halo 2, 2 and a half years since launch.
Sun 08/08/04 at 20:57
"period drama"
Dringo wrote:
> Surly there are more Kings than just the King of England, e.g. King
> of spain... etc...
>
> So there can be more than one King in various countries and you'd be
> the king of all of those.
>
> King of Kings.

Hence me saying:
"You can't have more than one king of one thing"

So, there was never 2 kings of England at the same time.
As such, there are never 2 kings of exclusives at one time.

mnar
Sun 08/08/04 at 20:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
gamer2005 wrote:
> I got rid of my Gamecube because of 'lack of amazing games syndrome'.
> I think the Gamecube could have been so good, but it really has
> failed, well at least this generation of games, all because there
> were never any CLASSIC games e.g Vice City for Ps2 or Halo for Xbox.
> Nintendo just thought Zelda would pull them through.
>
> People are sick of cloned Zelda titles. Sorry Nintendo, but thats
> true.

You sir, quite clearly are blind.

If you say the Cube has not had any 'classic' games (and then gone on to define VC as a classic), you really have no taste at all. 'Cloned Zelda titles'. Since when? 'Er, they're sequals'. Yes. Trouble is, they're also better than 99.9, or even 100% of other games out there. Fact.
Sun 08/08/04 at 20:16
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Hehe, that was completely unintended.
Sun 08/08/04 at 19:20
Regular
"8==="
Yes if U-'bi' swing your way. :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.