GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 Online"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/08/04 at 18:41
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
Is it really worth getting a network adapter? I'm thinking of getting one but I don't know if it's any good, can anyone tell me if it's worth the money?
Wed 11/08/04 at 18:41
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
Is it really worth getting a network adapter? I'm thinking of getting one but I don't know if it's any good, can anyone tell me if it's worth the money?
Wed 11/08/04 at 19:36
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
no, PS2 online is rubbish.
Wed 11/08/04 at 19:37
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
PS2 is really good online actually, obvisouly it isn't as good as Xbox Live but it's alright.

SOCOM is a great game, i'm getting PS2 online soon.
Wed 11/08/04 at 20:06
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Ps2 online is worth it, especially if all your friends are on holiday or something and you have no-one else to play with.

Youn could say xbox live will do the same but what would you rather have (assuming you also have an xbox) ps2 online with a one off cost for network adapter (£16.99) (with the exeption of Everquest online which you get charged to play) plus your broadband charge monthly or would you prefer xbox live which costs £36.99 for a starter pack and after the first year you have to pay £39.99 a year to play and then you also have to pay for broadband.
Wed 11/08/04 at 20:27
Regular
"Socom 3 > All."
gr13ve makes a very valid point and so i shall continue to irritate my mother until she purchases a network adaptor for me

:D
Wed 11/08/04 at 21:37
Regular
"hulagadoo"
I should also add, you will need a modem/router to have a connection for your pc and ps2, you can get these for various prices, cheapest is around £5 and dearest is £45... both work exactly the same.
Wed 11/08/04 at 21:40
Regular
"Socom 3 > All."
yeah, i ordered a router pack when i ordered broadband from BT
Wed 11/08/04 at 21:51
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Would save your money get ntls broadband get a free xbox and buy xbox live, you wont regret it. Though i never actualy played PS2 online i doudt it even touches xbox live.
Wed 11/08/04 at 21:54
Regular
"Socom 3 > All."
i really wanted that, but i need a cable connection which i dont have and i need £50
Wed 11/08/04 at 22:47
Regular
"ProGolfer"
UNITEDLEGENDS159 wrote:
> i really wanted that, but i need a cable connection which i dont have
> and i need £50

Lifes a bummer, i aint met one person yet who can get the deal.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.