GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 Online"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/08/04 at 18:41
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
Is it really worth getting a network adapter? I'm thinking of getting one but I don't know if it's any good, can anyone tell me if it's worth the money?
Thu 12/08/04 at 19:44
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
witch-king wrote:
> Burnt wrote:
> Halo, Project Gotham 2, Rainbow Six 3, i'll let some else do the
> rest...
>
> EDIT : Ninja Gaiden
>
> Timesplitters>Halo
> NFSU>Project Gotham
> MGS>RS3
>
> Ninja Gaiden is the biggest rip-off i've ever heard of.
>
> How can you have a gotham game without batman.

someones upset that the PS2 could never have a game like Ninja gaiden?or did you try it and find it too hard for your little brain .
Thu 12/08/04 at 18:17
Regular
"Socom 3 > All."
Burnt wrote:

> I've played SOCOM 2 online before (Used to have my PS2 online) and
> loved it, I just hope i'l still like it after playing Xbox Live
> (Which I am still keeping by the way).

WOW! Is this the end of the wheeler dealer??
Thu 12/08/04 at 16:33
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Ha ha ha!

Whatever...
Thu 12/08/04 at 16:31
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> witch-king wrote:
> The point I was making was that EXCLUSIVE Xbox games sucked next to
> other games. All of the games you list are baaaaaaaaad except Halo.
> Perhaps.
>
> You're just full of jokes today aren't you?
>
> All of those games I listed that are already out are ranked in the
> 80's and 90's on all the main review sites on the net. Clearly you're
> a biased mong and have no real knowledge of the games.

What does mong mean? Racist...

Actually, I was joking! I love xbox in all of its forms!
Thu 12/08/04 at 16:15
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Drazen wrote:
> The only decent online game you'll find for the PS2 is SOCOM II and
> the way the servers are going recently, you'll be lucky if you get a
> chance to play one round let alone one game. Disconnections every
> five minutes, briefing rooms just disapear at times, SONY really need
> to sort it out.

Damn, that dont sounds good, especially when i'm getting a Network Adaptor tommorow and SOCOM 2 on the 26th of August.

I'm sure they'll sort it out soon, otherwise people will start to complain.

I've played SOCOM 2 online before (Used to have my PS2 online) and loved it, I just hope i'l still like it after playing Xbox Live (Which I am still keeping by the way).
Thu 12/08/04 at 14:06
Regular
witch-king wrote:
> The point I was making was that EXCLUSIVE Xbox games sucked next to
> other games. All of the games you list are baaaaaaaaad except Halo.
> Perhaps.

You're just full of jokes today aren't you?

All of those games I listed that are already out are ranked in the 80's and 90's on all the main review sites on the net. Clearly you're a biased mong and have no real knowledge of the games.
Thu 12/08/04 at 12:37
The only decent online game you'll find for the PS2 is SOCOM II and the way the servers are going recently, you'll be lucky if you get a chance to play one round let alone one game. Disconnections every five minutes, briefing rooms just disapear at times, SONY really need to sort it out.

The X-Box plays much better I'm sorry to say, you log into Live as soon as you turn the console on and it don't take hours like the PS2 adapter can take at times...
o) Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow is much better on the X-Box and I've played both.
o) Ninja Gaiden is just pure genius and one of the best games to grace any console.

I'd suggest the Network Adapter only if and when SONY sort out the servers for its main game (and the one reason many PS2 owners have bought the network adapter).
Thu 12/08/04 at 12:36
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
This kids amazing.

You really need to stop buying games from that Argos catalogue of yours.
Thu 12/08/04 at 12:32
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
The point I was making was that EXCLUSIVE Xbox games sucked next to other games. All of the games you list are baaaaaaaaad except Halo. Perhaps.
Thu 12/08/04 at 11:50
Regular
witch-king wrote:

> Timesplitters>Halo
> NFSU>Project Gotham
> MGS>RS3

Dude all the games you listed there are out on Xbox and play a hell of a lot better. Well except for MGS2 which is pretty much the same on both consoles. Quite what Metal Gear Solid and Rainbow Six 3 have in common though is anybone's guess...

Oh and for exclusives try..

Ninja Gaiden
Fable
Chronicles of Riddick
Halo
Halo 2
Project Gotham 2 (completly wipes the floor with NFSU)
Rallisport Challenge 2
TOCA Race Driver

Could go on listing but I'd get really bored. To say the PS2 concentrates on quality gaming is quite simply insane, there's maybe 1 or 2 games coming out this Xmas on Ps2 in the UK that look above average and that's pushing it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.