GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Driv3r scores (review results, not with women)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Driv3r'.
Wed 11/08/04 at 20:30
Regular
"size does matter"
Maybe it has been discussed already, but for some reason I can not access older topics. Anyway, usually PSM2 and OPS2M have opinions about top games (I haven't compared all) not so far apart, but with driv3r, PSM2 gives it 90 points and a gold award while OPS2M gives it only 6/10. Having read the reviews, my impression is that PSM2 realises the flaws, but doesn't consider them that important. At the same time OPS2M basically says that the game is pure crap. Whom should I believe?
Fri 13/08/04 at 16:50
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
The shell section of MGS2 was good. Hell, it was basically the whole game. Ok, it wasn't as good and exciting as the tanker or MGS1, maily because of the characters (Raiden, Colonel, Rose and Solidus against Snake, Otacon, Meryl and Liquid? No contest) but it was still brilliant. Driv3r is just ugly. And not in the visual sense.
Fri 13/08/04 at 16:46
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
its the out of car bits that killed it, way too many of them aswell and not enough driving for a game called driv3r.
Fri 13/08/04 at 16:46
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
RoJ wrote:
> Most PS2 mags are rubbish now anyway.
> PLAY used to be good, now it's bolocks - one of the reasopns is that
> they are total fanboys and rubbish all the other consoles, and then
> on the next page there is an Xbox advert..

That and the fact they spend a quarter of the review making stupid jokes and trying to be comedians. You're payed to review games you idiots, bloody review them.

Anyway i finally got round to playing Driver 3 the other week after being distracted by my RPG's and my god what a over-rated game, almost on the Shell sector of MGS2 proportions. Glitches were horrible and some of the missions were plain dumb (exactly why if i smack Calita's car in the side does she not budge an inch? Oh i'm sorry it's Reflections game, not mine, i have to do things there way) The on foot sections were ghastly and made GTA's aiming system look like the most innovative best thing in the world and why spend so long making life like cities if we only get to see about a fifth of them during the main game?

Give me Mafia and it's loading times anyday
Fri 13/08/04 at 16:39
Regular
Read the reviews for what they are, but never take into account their scores, as most have beed paid for by the publisher in question.
Fri 13/08/04 at 15:26
Regular
It's ok.

Stop being so fashionably critical and see it for what it is. A fun driving playground.
Thu 12/08/04 at 19:45
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
UNITEDLEGENDS159 wrote:
> I read that it was the biggest disappointment of the year
thats very very very true.
Thu 12/08/04 at 12:30
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
How is 90 a gold anyways? i only get official ps2 mag.
Thu 12/08/04 at 12:17
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Most PS2 mags are rubbish now anyway.
PLAY used to be good, now it's bolocks - one of the reasopns is that they are total fanboys and rubbish all the other consoles, and then on the next page there is an Xbox advert..
PSM2 are dumb, like the person below me said.

Syphon Filter: Omega Strain is rubbish.
Driv3r is rubbish.
Maybe thats a little strong, but Driv3r could have been so brilliant but it was just ruined thorugh so many flaws and laziness.

I don't recommend getting it.
Thu 12/08/04 at 08:47
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
PSM2 are very dumb.
Wed 11/08/04 at 21:44
Regular
"Socom 3 > All."
i did read that driv3r was the biggest dissappoint of the year from play magazine

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.