GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Driv3r scores (review results, not with women)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Driv3r'.
Wed 11/08/04 at 20:30
Regular
"size does matter"
Maybe it has been discussed already, but for some reason I can not access older topics. Anyway, usually PSM2 and OPS2M have opinions about top games (I haven't compared all) not so far apart, but with driv3r, PSM2 gives it 90 points and a gold award while OPS2M gives it only 6/10. Having read the reviews, my impression is that PSM2 realises the flaws, but doesn't consider them that important. At the same time OPS2M basically says that the game is pure crap. Whom should I believe?
Sat 14/08/04 at 18:56
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
It's pretty sad that the part of the game Infogrames said would make it one of the best games of the year is a crushing disappointment as the worst part.
Sat 14/08/04 at 18:39
Regular
The Undercover mode was worth playing for the odd gem of a mission that would arise, and mildly enjoyable for the rest, except for those frustrating on-foot sections.

Aside from that, the other features I mentioned was plenty to keep me entertained. I feel I got my money's worth.
Sat 14/08/04 at 17:38
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Ok, maybe not £40, but at least £30.
Sat 14/08/04 at 17:37
Regular
Why oh why would you pay £40 for it?
Sat 14/08/04 at 17:36
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
take a ride is not worth £40
Sat 14/08/04 at 17:27
Regular
If anything Driv3r is underrated. So many people criticising it - I bet half of them haven't even given it a proper go.

Can none of you appreciate the near flawless level design? The superb car and bike physics? The timeless driving games? The vastly innovative directing mode?

Yes, when walking, it's abysmal and yes, the Undercover mode, except for a few missions, is poor - but in my mind, with the Take a Ride mode and more being worth playing, that's not enough to condemn it.
Fri 13/08/04 at 17:38
Regular
"youp"
id give the game 9/10??????????????????????????
Fri 13/08/04 at 17:20
Regular
"hulagadoo"
I got driv3r and liked it, The reviews are focusing on its flaws and compairing it with vice city. Its not vice city though, its not meant to be about killing or "on foot missions" if this waqs the case then it would be reneamed walk3r. The game can be a bit tedious during some missions but overall it is a good play. The "free-roam" style mode is worth the price alone.
Fri 13/08/04 at 16:58
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
OK. The Codec is the worst, most drawn out and ridiculously boring part of MGS. Thank Konami that it ain't in 3. You only go ovr each part like twice, and the scenarios change. In a way, it's like DW.
Fri 13/08/04 at 16:55
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hmmm if you like running around the same few sections for about 6 hours (5 hours of that being cutscenes and codec convos) then ok fair play to you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.