GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"just ps2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/06/01 at 15:33
Regular
Any one want to chat? What do you think is best?, playstation2 or dreamcast?
Wed 27/06/01 at 20:26
Well I've definitely got a red glowing light ! Actually i don't 'think' ( someone correct me if I'm wrong ) that it being a Microsoft product matters one bit as the USB interface is a world standard, the actual connections are the same for a PC, Apple and PS2 plus other USB enabled machines. This was the whole point of USB, and in the latest opsm2 mag ( #9 ) someone asks about using a USB steering wheel with the PS2 in the future for GT3 to which they reply the new PS2 logitech wheel is exactly the same as the PS2 one, just rebranded for PS2. The light on the mouse comes on if there is power to it, even if it doesn't actually work. I know because I once didnt put any drivers for it onto my PC for DOS use and the light still came on when the mouse itself did not make the pointer move.
Wed 27/06/01 at 13:35
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Bonus wrote:
> I have a Microsoft Intellimouse with Intellieye, and it doesn't work, fits well but no light come on??? Why??

Probably because Sony don't want any Microsoft product with a japseye in it to work on their system!

I don't blame them really and would rather wait until the official mouse comes out, if I really need it for a certain product/game!

:)
Wed 27/06/01 at 13:23
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
USB mice work with Silent Scope, apparently.

anyone tested this?
Wed 27/06/01 at 13:04
Regular
I have a Microsoft Intellimouse with Intellieye, and it doesn't work, fits well but no light come on??? Why??
Wed 27/06/01 at 11:30
I actually hadn't thought of trying to use an Intellimouse like this so, seeing as I've got the USB Intellimouse Explorer I tried it last night. yup, it fits, the light comes one....and it has no effect in Red Faction at all. So, as adrian says, I guess that until games include a facility to assign controls to a mouse then there's just no point in getting one anyway. Personally, having played games like Half Life, Quake 3 e.t.c on PC with a mouse then going to playing ones Like Quake 3, Timesplitters and otehr FPS games on PS2 I find that the PS2 pad works better than mouse and keyboard anyway...plus games developers don't have the chance to come up with about 50 seperate actions each with their own key.
Tue 26/06/01 at 21:21
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I should work, but I doubt it will work with Red Faction. As to use a mouse and keyboard the game needs to have the options to use it and configure it. Red Faction does not have these features.

So if you dont own any games that support a mouse then there is no point in getting one.
Tue 26/06/01 at 19:46
Will a microsoft intelimouse work on my ps2(it has a USB connection)? if not can anyone recomend another mouse to get instead?
Tue 26/06/01 at 15:49
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
The Red Faction cheats wont work because there are no cheats for Red Faction i.e. The company didnt program any in.
Tue 26/06/01 at 15:38
Has anyone out there not realised the all the cheats for
Red Faction don't actualy work. I must have tried about a thousand times. eg: the one that says hold x for 5secs on the title screen is mad - as soon as you press x the game starts anyway so how can you hold x for 5 secs and then start the game.
Maybe it has something to do with pal and ntsc, I got the cheats originall from a US site could they be different for the UK edition - I've had the same trouble with the first person view in armored core two.
Any ideas anyone.
Tue 26/06/01 at 13:01
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Bonus,

My mate thinks it was in Computer Shopper magazine and it did mention about Japan.

I think it would be a good idea if they brought it out over here, especially the way Linux is going from strength to strength.....just like the PS2 really!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.