GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GBA - I've got mine have you?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/06/01 at 13:38
Regular
I have recieved mine with Tony Hawks 2 and Mario Kart is on its way when it comes out!

I have the milky blue colour, glacier and its wicked!

Have you got your GBA? If so what with?
Sun 24/06/01 at 16:31
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> I have recieved mine with Tony Hawks 2 and Mario Kart is on its way
> when it comes out!

I'll be getting Mario Kart for sure, but I've not bothered with Tony Hawk's 2 as Skateboarding just isn't my thing, but I must say it looks pretty darn impressive.

I have the milky blue colour, glacier and its
> wicked!

I have clear red, my brother has clear blue (sounds dodgy), I mean Glacier yes, but I wouldn't have minded some more colours to choose from - Clear Green. Orange and Black would've helped.

>Have you got your GBA? If so what with?

I do indeed. I have Super Mario, Ready 2 Rumble and a pair of batteries, and of course all my old GB games - tetris still plays wonderfully ;)

Kuma
Sat 23/06/01 at 10:29
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
my only compalint about it is the amount of glare you get one the screen , which isn't good but i can live with it !
Sat 23/06/01 at 10:28
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
i only paid £115 for mine with tony hawks how much did you pay (brand new not second hand or anything)
Sat 23/06/01 at 10:26
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
I got mine in glacier color too and tony hawks (best game sofar i reckon !!) what do you think of it ?
Fri 22/06/01 at 20:20
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
Sorry I was in a rush.....
Fri 22/06/01 at 20:19
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
Yes! Thankyou. Not being able to get hold of one is a great disointment. Please Special Reserve! Don't let this happen with the Game Cube. I don't want to be sleeping outside your shop in Egham for a week in advance......
Fri 22/06/01 at 19:56
Regular
"Kiss my face!"
Just got mine this afternoon at Currys. Got good deal (Purple GBA, GT Advance and Tony Hawk's 2 and Light Magnifer for £149.96).

I am more than pleased with mine. I never new how much fun could be had with a handheld console before.

I bought the original gameboy back in 1998 but sold it to my sister 3 weeks later as I didn't like it due to it being a black & white screen.

I did contemplate buying the GBC but heard about the GBA just in time and boy was it worth the wait.

My games are great, especially GT Advance. The graphics are next to none and it is very much like GT on PSOne As when you select your car it has all the well known manufactures like Mitsubishi, Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, Daihatsu, Suzuki, Honda and Mazda.

The cars look great and the sound is great too.

It gets even better as you can use the link cable on this and play against a mate (still to try this function out).

Also Tony Hawks 2 is excellent too. The graphics are the best I have ever seen on a handheld before. I had it for the PSOne and the thought of being able to play it on the move won me over. And guess what it is, in my opininon, a nuch more exilirating experinece to play than on the PSOne.

So if you haven't got one yet or are toying with the idea of buying one, withdraw the cash from your bank account and hand it over to your local retailer and run home to experience the best games ever to grace a handheld console.
Fri 22/06/01 at 19:54
I was anxiously expecting my GBA today fromt a mail order firm that i had previously not heard of, but was selling it cheap. They guaranteed delivery on the release date(i.e. today), but when I phoned them up today they told me that I should expect one next week Wednesday as they have had a shortage. Naturally, I was disappointed, although I can console myself with the fact that I will be getting Tony Hawks, GT Advance and F Zero with it. I should also be getting chuchi Rocket as well, although I'm not sure if the release date has been pushed back.
Fri 22/06/01 at 18:58
Regular
"Whatever!"
Got my White GBA this morning with Mario Advance and F Zero!! Earlier in the week I got Tony Hawks 2, Castlevania and Rayman Advance and Im just waiting for Konami Krazy Racers now!!
I am more than impressed with the machine, its much better than I imagined it to be!! Cant wait for releases such as Mario Kart, Doom, Street Fighter II Turbo and Sonic Advance!!
In the mean time I may pick up GT Advance - It is suppose to be awesome and Im well into racing gaes at the moment - Playing it on a handheld should be great!!
Fri 22/06/01 at 13:38
"Uzi Lover"
I have recieved mine with Tony Hawks 2 and Mario Kart is on its way when it comes out!

I have the milky blue colour, glacier and its wicked!

Have you got your GBA? If so what with?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.