GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars Battlefronts"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Battlefront'.
Fri 13/08/04 at 00:24
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Is looking like it may well be an excellent game, especially if the online side of it lives up to all the hype. A friend was saying that they bought the new official playstation magazine which has a playable demo which they commented on as being fantastic fun.

My guess is star wars fans will be pleased with it but I'm not sure how non fans will find it.
I myself am looking forward to this one, I just hope that it lives up to my expectations.
Sat 14/08/04 at 16:23
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
xbox was never going to be brilliant as microsoft's 1st console. Microsoft will always be one console behind sony.
Sat 14/08/04 at 16:13
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
No, they need to take big profits from big games, look at Halo 2 for example.. most talked about X-Box game this year.

They need to compete with Sony by buying into firms like Rockstar and Acclaim.
Sat 14/08/04 at 16:08
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Xbox has the potential to make some brilliant games. They could make an xbox farcry for example.
Sat 14/08/04 at 16:07
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
We can all agree that the x-box is better technically but it needs to soop up some exclusives thats where sony controls the market.
Sat 14/08/04 at 16:04
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Burnt wrote:
> witch-king wrote:
> You're the xbox lover. Relevance. You. Don't. add to the forum.
>
> I'm not an Xbox Lover actually, I just dont agree with the crap you
> come out with sometimes.
>
> Theres no way you can say all Xbox's games are crap, if anyone here
> is a lover, it's you - the PS2 lover.

I agree.
Sat 14/08/04 at 06:54
Regular
" A ka Mr america"
Notable huh, Starwars is just a flop.
Sat 14/08/04 at 06:52
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I wasn't that impressed by the gameplay in the demo, it felt like a very laggy game of SOCOM to be honest. Graphically it was stunning, but there was so much going on around you that it felt like you were trying to run through water and shoot at the same time.

And if it feels laggy offline I wouldn't like to shell out £30 just to find out it's worse online.
Fri 13/08/04 at 20:21
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Belldandy wrote:
> Played the OPS2 demo today and it's good and should be ace
> online....but...the *censored* have made the demo time limited, about
> 3-5 minutes I reckon. Only vehicle I have found so far is the speeder
> bike as well.
>
> Graphics are nice and surprisingly detailed but I know I'm going to
> get the Xbox version because of the better graphics and Live support.

If you go the empire and go to the furthers away apawn point (top of screen) and you are quick you can get an AT-ST. Kinda slow and poor rate of fire unless you go co-pilot.
Fri 13/08/04 at 20:13
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Played the OPS2 demo today and it's good and should be ace online....but...the *censored* have made the demo time limited, about 3-5 minutes I reckon. Only vehicle I have found so far is the speeder bike as well.

Graphics are nice and surprisingly detailed but I know I'm going to get the Xbox version because of the better graphics and Live support.
Fri 13/08/04 at 17:54
Regular
"youp"
im sorry but who ever made this how did you get replys (im coolam with file matthoffmans) can u plz plz plz reply in it ^_^

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.