GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Super Smash Bros. 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Smash Bros. Brawl'.
Fri 13/08/04 at 19:18
Regular
"a.k.a King"
We do need one, don't we. Yes we do, we crave for a sequel. Melee was the ultimate fighting fest, packed with Ninty history, tons of modes and plenty of multiplayer mayhem. So, would you lot like to see a Smash Bros. 3, and what characters would you put in it.

I would add to the series:

Isaac (Golden Sun)
Wario
Krystal (Star Fox Adventures)
Ridley (Metroid)

I would have said Viewtiful Joe, but now he's on PS2, so damn. And no, I wouldn't want Sonic's sad ass in the game. What do you all think?
Sat 14/08/04 at 10:11
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Pringle28 wrote:
> Oh and one last thing, other than Donkey, Diddy and the kongs to
> feature on the snes games you wont be seeing any of the others in a
> Smash bros game or any other game on the GC as they belong to rare
> and rare have left nintendo for another bigger company (I dont know
> if youve heard of them in your own little fanboy world) there called
> MICROSOFT...

Um, no they don't.

Nitendo own the rights to DK, as Rare were only making DK games unter Nintendo permission - it is and always was Nintendos IP, and any characters that Rare created within that IP (i.e. Diddy Kong) belong to Nintendo.

Conker, on the other hand, was created by Rare, and, therefore, is THEIR product, and THEIR IP, which is why they are releasing it on the XBOX.

Booyah.
Sat 14/08/04 at 04:57
Regular
Please god no other monkeys besides DK.

Olimar from Pikmin is an obvious choice, with his special moves involving the use of the different coloured Pikmin.

Wario should be in it, but no Waluigi.

It would be nice if they got permission from some other companies to use their characters, like Megaman. Sure it's only supposed to be Ninty characters, but does anyone really care?

I'd like to see the ability to string together some 'proper' combos. I know it's all about fast, frantic action but pulling off a sweet 10 hit combo at that speed would be awesome.
Sat 14/08/04 at 02:05
Regular
Online is a must have.. imagine 8 player battles?!
Sat 14/08/04 at 01:16
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Mattitude wrote:
> Johnson wrote:
> Mattitude wrote:
> anyway i'd want:
>
> Wario
> waluigi
> Krystal
> diddy Kong
> lanky Kong
> Chunky Kong
> tiny Kong
> Dixie Kong
> baby Bowser
> baby Mario
> baby Luigi
> boo (controls like kirby i suppose)
> Daisy
> and more....
>
> A slightly large amount of Mario related and DK related charcaters
> there, ever heard of Golden Sun? Metroid?
>
> yep but im obsessed with Donkey Kong, sorry. also i think if they got
> the characters in mario kart then they can get them in super smash
> bros...except pirahna plant

you are without a doubt the most annoying poster i have seen on the forum in ages. We get the usual drivel but nothing quite as irritating as you. Is it quite nessecerray to post in every topic on the forum just for the sake of it?! There is no need for these sh!tty mass repetition posts either! they dont get anything across they just spam up the topic your posting in.

Oh and one last thing, other than Donkey, Diddy and the kongs to feature on the snes games you wont be seeing any of the others in a Smash bros game or any other game on the GC as they belong to rare and rare have left nintendo for another bigger company (I dont know if youve heard of them in your own little fanboy world) there called MICROSOFT...
Fri 13/08/04 at 22:28
Regular
"wIeRd"
maybe 45-50 characters overall
Fri 13/08/04 at 22:27
Regular
"wIeRd"
Johnson wrote:
> Mattitude wrote:
> anyway i'd want:
>
> Wario
> waluigi
> Krystal
> diddy Kong
> lanky Kong
> Chunky Kong
> tiny Kong
> Dixie Kong
> baby Bowser
> baby Mario
> baby Luigi
> Daisy
> and more....
>
> A slightly large amount of Mario related and DK related charcaters
> there, ever heard of Golden Sun? Metroid?

yep but im obsessed with Donkey Kong, sorry. also i think if they got the characters in mario kart then they can get them in super smash bros...except pirahna plant
Fri 13/08/04 at 22:24
Regular
"the burning sky"
I'd love to see a couple of Golden Sun characters in SuperSmashBros,to go alongside other sword weilders like Roy and Marth...
Fri 13/08/04 at 22:20
Regular
"a.k.a King"
Mattitude wrote:
> anyway i'd want:
>
> Wario
> waluigi
> Krystal
> diddy Kong
> lanky Kong
> Chunky Kong
> tiny Kong
> Dixie Kong
> baby Bowser
> baby Mario
> baby Luigi
> Daisy
> and more....

A slightly large amount of Mario related and DK related charcaters there, ever heard of Golden Sun? Metroid?
Fri 13/08/04 at 20:40
Regular
"wIeRd"
anyway i'd want:

Wario
waluigi
Krystal
diddy Kong
lanky Kong
Chunky Kong
tiny Kong
Dixie Kong
baby Bowser
baby Mario
baby Luigi
boo (controls like kirby i suppose)
Daisy
and more....
Fri 13/08/04 at 20:38
Regular
"wIeRd"
lol why did he quote you?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.