GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What are the best games/series for GameCube?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/08/04 at 13:15
Regular
"God bless video gam"
I'm going to get a Gamecube and I want to know what games I should get.
Fri 10/09/04 at 01:58
Regular
Paper mario 2 anyone? Metroid Prime 2? If you class that as "(out soon)" since they are out the same month as Tales!
Fri 10/09/04 at 00:14
Regular
You are all talking rubbish, what idiot does not by a Gamecube Nintendo games.

People get the PS2 for the wide selection of third party offerings, the X-box for online support and FPS' and the Gamecube for Nintendo titles and other exclusive gubbins.

I bought my Gamecube for Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Pokemon, Pikmin, Smash Brothers, Paper Mario and other Nintendo titles here there and everywhere.
Fri 10/09/04 at 00:14
Regular
How can Nintendo games be classed as Overrated?

It is why people own Nintendo systems.
Thu 09/09/04 at 19:54
"The Will of D."
Well Nintendo themselves don't have to create the best games for their systems if especially if they have hardware to deal with as well as software, but a 2nd/3rd party company are basically almost always just creating software, so it's bound to be more focused.
Thu 09/09/04 at 19:22
Regular
"thursdayton!"
munn wrote:
> A 10/10 game on the PS2 translates as a 7.10 on the GC, but that
> means the Multiformat games are 13/10 on teh PS2.

I agree, and if you look at the back of Games TM it proves your point. It's got a list of the top 20 games on each system each month, and the Nintendo list is a list of 20 exclusives. The PS2 and Xbox list contains stuff like Beyond Good & Evil, SSX3 and Burnout 2 all of which are on Cube.
Thu 09/09/04 at 18:59
Regular
And Sega made F-zero, so Nintendo made none of thsoe games.
And they're the GC's finest, however, it's them, then the 9./10 games, then there's a huge gap between the rest of the games.

A 10/10 game on the PS2 translates as a 7.10 on the GC, but that means the Multiformat games are 13/10 on teh PS2.
Thu 09/09/04 at 18:56
Regular
Nah. Nintendo games are overrated.
Thu 09/09/04 at 18:55
Regular
4 3rd party games the only 10/10 games on the Gamecube???

I see you might not be a Nintendo fan.

Mario Sunshine, Kart, Wind Waker, Pikmin and Prime are utterly amazing...

Super Monkey Ball, Smash Brothers, Wario Ware, Pac Man Vs. and Crystal Chronicles are essential multiplayer games...

Skies, Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil, Viewtiful Joe, Harvest Moon etc... are all aquired tastes but if you like them then you'll love them.
Wed 08/09/04 at 22:18
Regular
I agree.

Viewtiful Joe
Skies Of Arcadia
Timesplitters 2
F-Zero GX

They're actually the only 10/10 games I'd give the GC.

Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Metroid Prime
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Bros Melee
Wave Race: Blue Storm
Burnout 2

They're the 9/10s
Mon 06/09/04 at 22:26
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
I'm shocked that no one has said Viewtiful Joe yet. Definetly get this, fantastic game and has a good sense of humour.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.