GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ninja Gaiden"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Ninja Gaiden'.
Mon 16/08/04 at 16:29
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Got it a while back and got stuck on the second boss. *Awaits mudering onslaught of insults* But I then conquered that herdle after learing how to use ninpo and realising that I had arrows. So yeah it was smooth sailing after that and I now know why this game is brilliant. Im now on a big dragon which is fun.

That is all.
Fri 20/08/04 at 16:53
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Tentacle dude was easy. So far the hardest guy for me would actually be Murai. (in terns of awkwardness)
Fri 20/08/04 at 07:37
Regular
"eat toast!"
oh. When i fought alma i just kept dodging her magic attacks and when she foolishly came down for a kick or dive, i attacked then. Since you can actually block those attacks, it makes approaching her incredably easy. Problem with that tactic is that she can pull out that annoying Purple spell thats lifts you to her height only to kick you about.

when you say tenticle thing, we are on about the monster at the end of chapter 5 at the monestray area right? I too found this difficult until i upgraded the sword to level 2 and did that flying dash attack.
Fri 20/08/04 at 01:47
Regular
alma was easy for me, just a hell of a lot of dodging, jumping and slashing.

i think the hardest boss for me is that bloody tentacle guy.

god I hate that guy
Thu 19/08/04 at 07:57
Regular
"eat toast!"
i've just defeated alma (i can't believe it was so easy), as for the helicopters real pain. I'll think of something to beat them.
Tue 17/08/04 at 21:32
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
I actually found the tanks harder then the Helicopter. Im an evil shot with a bow and I managed to kill the damn thing before it even made a pass dropping its bombs.
Tue 17/08/04 at 18:17
Regular
the bone dragon is ridiculously easy if you use your boomerang shuriken, or whatever the damn thing is called. just keep jumping and chucking it, it guides itself to the target, leaving you to dance about like a fairy.

I'm on the helicopter at the moment, which is a B because you have to fire arrows at it, and that's the weakest of my skills.

the two tanks were pretty easy though.
Tue 17/08/04 at 13:50
Regular
"eat toast!"
compared to that Big giant blob thing earlier, this was easy (that was incidently a cake walk if you upgraded the sword to level 2). The bone dragon was merely a simple hacking and dodging excercise. But i'm redoing the whole thing the third time after i messed up the bit with those platform area complete with zombie archers (i discovered that fighting them with a bow was the best way round).

The only problem i faced was the camera angle of the fight against the boss. If you were able to bolt out of the way of his bite, you couldn't react or even see yourself until several seconds later. Whats even more annoying is that when you just recover health you get hit the third time and lose almost all of it that you recovered.
Tue 17/08/04 at 13:26
Regular
The bone dragon is not too bad, just keep attacking his claws with a down slash with the most powerful blade you have got and time the jumps right against the tails sweeps.... oh and dont get too close as he will grab you with his mouth! I also used the old controller and it can be difficult, but better than the "s" type controller, which is for babies!
Tue 17/08/04 at 13:13
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Bone Dragon is easy just dont keep up a string of combos or he will tailwhip you. And as for the Doku puzzle I know how to do it but I cant be bothered to explain how. All im gonna say is you dont move the blocks so that you jump from the top platform to the place that your trying to reach.
Tue 17/08/04 at 11:30
"Majestic"
spoonbeast wrote:
> i know, ninja gaiden is very good. I'm currently on the bone dragon.

That's where I gave up - it was either give up, or break my old style controller - and seem as they are hard to come by, that wouldn't be a good idea, would it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.