GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hitman's Crown Has Been Stolen"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Hitman 2: Silent Assassin'.
Tue 17/08/04 at 20:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yes finally a game has beaten Hitman for realistic rag doll physics. I got a game the other day called Psi-Ops - The Mind Gate Conspiracy, looked on the back and it seemed like another second rate action game and the fact it was being published by Midway didn't exactly inspire me with confidence, still i popped it in my PS2 and was greeted with a very big shock, this game wasn't half bad, in fact it was great and it's all down to the physics engine used in it.

In the game you have telepathic powers and one such power allows you to throw things around with your mind including enemies, watching them smash into barriers their limbs going every way in a very painful fashion was great to watch as when they hit the barriers with their legs they'd actually spin around and hit the floor on their head instead of just hitting an invisible wall. They'd bend over obstacles instead of going through them and virtually everything could be interacted with.

It's made me wonder why if a Midway game of all things can provide such a great piece of technology why every developer can't do it? If San Andreas' promised rag doll physics are even half as good as this then they'll be onto a winner

(on the downside the game is about 4 hours long, but then kicking a guy down 10 flights of stairs is pretty entertaining :-D)
Sat 02/10/04 at 22:21
"period drama"
Ragdoll isn't at all realistic - but it's bloody hilarious, and probably one of the greatest things of recent times. I'd take that over realism every day.
Sat 02/10/04 at 21:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ragdoll isn't realistic neccessarily. Freedom Fighters?!

GTA doesn't have A) Havoc, B) Psycho powers, meaning the rag doll will be 'bang shot, dead/flying into fence.
Sat 02/10/04 at 20:41
"period drama"
Better than Second Sight?
Which, I noticed, got 0 mentions in the Sony Forum, despite it being brilliant.

Well, I was the one who made the topic in Ninty about it - like Squall said, I can't be bothered here, because there's no-one to talk to properly.
Sat 02/10/04 at 19:35
Regular
"forceful tendencies"
i read a review on it, and they picked up a guy, repeatedly smashed his head on a wall, repeatedly smashed his head on another wall, then threw them at the already bloodstained wall they threw him at in the first place...

harsh
Sat 02/10/04 at 19:27
Regular
I picked up the Xbox version a few months back and a couple of weeks a go I gave it a full shot and I have to agree, the physics engine is quite unbelievable and is leaps and bounds above the Hitman physics.

Not only that but I thouroughly enjoyed the rest of the game, great story, great characters and some quality action sections.

A 'Must Buy' title for me.
Fri 20/08/04 at 23:13
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Just found out today on Gamefaqs that the physics engine used in PSI-Ops is a hybrid of the havoc engine used in Half Life 2, no wonder it was so good then.
Wed 18/08/04 at 20:40
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea i can just picture it now *OMG PSI-Ops physics engun rools*

FM's good when he ventures in from his beta testing as well.
Wed 18/08/04 at 20:35
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Well it was nice to have someone to chat to in here instead of having
> to sift through the endless *I need help on* topics

All downhill here then. The only good posters here are you and FFF/Afrojoe with some decent topics. Take this one for instance, this probably took you about ten minutes to type and thats why the threads are crap, nobody can be bothered to type in a description.
Wed 18/08/04 at 20:31
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Well it was nice to have someone to chat to in here instead of having to sift through the endless *I need help on* topics
Wed 18/08/04 at 20:29
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
lalakersrule wrote:
> That was Achilles, he seems to have gone now. Shame really, always
> nice to have someone else to talk to about importing

Yeah, i had a good conversation with him in Classics forum, nice guy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.