GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hitman's Crown Has Been Stolen"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Hitman 2: Silent Assassin'.
Tue 17/08/04 at 20:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yes finally a game has beaten Hitman for realistic rag doll physics. I got a game the other day called Psi-Ops - The Mind Gate Conspiracy, looked on the back and it seemed like another second rate action game and the fact it was being published by Midway didn't exactly inspire me with confidence, still i popped it in my PS2 and was greeted with a very big shock, this game wasn't half bad, in fact it was great and it's all down to the physics engine used in it.

In the game you have telepathic powers and one such power allows you to throw things around with your mind including enemies, watching them smash into barriers their limbs going every way in a very painful fashion was great to watch as when they hit the barriers with their legs they'd actually spin around and hit the floor on their head instead of just hitting an invisible wall. They'd bend over obstacles instead of going through them and virtually everything could be interacted with.

It's made me wonder why if a Midway game of all things can provide such a great piece of technology why every developer can't do it? If San Andreas' promised rag doll physics are even half as good as this then they'll be onto a winner

(on the downside the game is about 4 hours long, but then kicking a guy down 10 flights of stairs is pretty entertaining :-D)
Sun 03/10/04 at 18:16
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
I'm just asking thats all, hope you weren't expecting a smart comment :^)
Sun 03/10/04 at 18:04
Regular
I've seen footage of people getting shot on the news and I know how a body reacts when it falls to the ground.
Sun 03/10/04 at 18:03
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> You obviously haven't played Max Payne 2 then.

Have you ever seen someone get shot in real life?
Sun 03/10/04 at 17:56
Regular
"hulagadoo"
lalakersrule wrote:
> True, you are the only person left in the forum who actually
> consistently posts things actually related to the forum title

I have never posted something totally off topic in a forum....until now.
Sun 03/10/04 at 13:21
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Ragdoll isn't at all realistic -

You obviously haven't played Max Payne 2 then.
Sun 03/10/04 at 00:29
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Thank you.
There are actually quite a few good topics now.
Sat 02/10/04 at 22:51
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
True, you are the only person left in the forum who actually consistently posts things actually related to the forum title
Sat 02/10/04 at 22:50
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
lalakersrule wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I can't be bothered here, because there's no-one to talk
> to properly.
>
> harsh :-D

i se what he means though. The only person i can have a decent conversation with on a regular basis is Lakers. When FFF gets on the importing market i think i will have a few good conversations with him also.
Sat 02/10/04 at 22:27
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Better than Second Sight?
> Which, I noticed, got 0 mentions in the Sony Forum, despite it being
> brilliant.

Still playing Front Mission 4, Phantom Brave and Winning Eleven 8, that is the next game on my to do list

> I can't be bothered here, because there's no-one to talk
> to properly.

harsh :-D
Sat 02/10/04 at 22:26
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ragdoll's alot more realistic then what we've had in the past

*shoot enemy, enemy flies through the air until reaches fence, enemy then either glides magically to the side of the fence or just goes straight through it*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.