GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yey!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/08/04 at 22:12
Regular
Just bought an N64 on EBay for £6 and a copy of Goldeneye for £2. Now I need to make a shopping list of games to purchase, any suggestions will be greatfully accepted...as long as they're not Carmageddon.

So far my list is

Perfect Dark
Jet Force Gemini
Diddy Kong Racing
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Blast Corps
Donkey kong 64
Zelda OOT
Zelda Majoras Mask
Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Turok Dino Hunter
Wave Race 64
Excitebike 64
1080 Snowboarding
F-Zero
Pilotwings
Mario Tennis
Mario Golf
Mickey's Speedway (never played it and it was a Rare game)
Duke Nukem : Zero hour (always wanted to buy it)
Beetle Adventure Racing
Snowboard Kids

Anyone think of any others?

I'm off to snipe on Ebay.
Mon 23/08/04 at 12:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Me and Tilta have had the same impulse at the same time.

Although I wasn't a fool and never sold my stuff in the first place and now I just need MORE!
Mon 23/08/04 at 11:54
Regular
Yeah, saw that earlier. Gonna go check out some secondhand shops later just to make sure none of them have a copy, you sometimes find places like Cash Convertors have rare games and have no idea how much they're worth.

I managed to pick up Perfect Dark in Cash Convertors a few weeks after it had been released for £5.99, I sold it to someone for about 6 times that amount.
Mon 23/08/04 at 11:50
Regular
If you're after Banjo Tooie, [URL]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3582&item=8125456608&rd=1[/URL] that might be good. Most of the copies I've seen are boxed and go for around £30+.
Mon 23/08/04 at 11:44
Regular
ISS 98 owns ISS 64.

Used to have Silicon Valley, was quite good but the later jungle levels got really boring so I never completed it. The snow sections were excellent though!

I got Wrestlemania 2000 for 99p and Jet Force Gemini for £5.99 off Ebay last night. Me thinks some more sniping is in order, I really want to get Diddy Kong Racing at some point today. Think I'll make a trip down to Gamestation later and see what N64 games they've got, I noticed they had a sheet load in a cabinet last time I went.
Mon 23/08/04 at 11:40
Regular
Also, if you're willing to get one of those N64 freeloader things, try to pick up Sin & Punishment on import.
Mon 23/08/04 at 11:36
Regular
I got Turok 2 off eBay a couple of months ago and hated it.

As for games you should get;

Silicon Valley
Extreme G 1/2
Mischief Makers
Killer Instinct Gold
ISS 64

Just make sure you don't get Yoshi's Story.
Mon 23/08/04 at 11:19
Regular
Then again the console does look pretty brand spanky new and that red box in the picture looks like it might be a stepdown convertor.

Probably worth the purchase me thinks.
Mon 23/08/04 at 11:16
Regular
£10 with postage.

If it hasn't got a stepdown convertor then that'll set you back another £10-£15.
Mon 23/08/04 at 11:14
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
For 99p I think it's worth it and there 4 minutes left!
Mon 23/08/04 at 11:03
Regular
You're about as tempting as a naked leper with sex on her mind.

That's a US N64 by the sound of it as well, you'd probably be better off getting a UK one that way it's easier to buy games for.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.