GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Need a new controller"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/08/04 at 09:48
Regular
"Milky Milky"
I just picked up a cheap Gamecube and everything is cool (Great games like Res evil Zero and pokemon colesseum already being enjoyed). But the controller is really really gak!! It is the official jobby, but it feels awful to use. Can anyone recommend a good replacement?
Mon 30/08/04 at 23:12
Regular
If you forgot you were holding it, how did you remember to push the buttons?
Mon 30/08/04 at 23:08
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I agree with Memorandum. It was a wonderful controller perfectly suited to its purpose. Half the time I would forget that I was holding it, it was that good.
Mon 30/08/04 at 23:04
Regular
Liar.
Mon 30/08/04 at 23:00
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
The N64 had the best games controller ever.
Anyone who says otherwise is WRONG.
Mon 30/08/04 at 23:00
Regular
Maybe so, but I still despised that abomination of a controller.
Mon 30/08/04 at 22:54
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You never had to use the D Pad and the analog stick like that. And unless you've got the stumpiest fingers this side of an unborn baby, you could reach accross from the D-Pad to reach the analog stick and teh Z trigger for games such as No Mercy.
Mon 30/08/04 at 22:51
Regular
Nah, I don't mean like that, you don't need to push every button at once, but what I mean is, the N-64 controller is basically the controller for the three-handed.

I would hate having to do one thing, then grab another part to do adifferent thing.

It's like saying "Explain how you'd use the x button and the c-stick at the same time on the GC controller"
Mon 30/08/04 at 22:45
Regular
"bit of a brain"
munn wrote:
> becasue I can'ts push every
> button without having to lift at least one hand off of the
> controller.

Explain to me how you would press the D-Pad and the analog stick on the GC controller? It's the exact same.
Mon 30/08/04 at 22:06
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
I meant the z button not the trident you dummy.
Mon 30/08/04 at 21:53
Regular
No.
Nintendo should never make a controller like the N-64 trident.
It's my most hated controller ever, becasue I can'ts push every button without having to lift at least one hand off of the controller.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.