GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Need a new controller"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/08/04 at 09:48
Regular
"Milky Milky"
I just picked up a cheap Gamecube and everything is cool (Great games like Res evil Zero and pokemon colesseum already being enjoyed). But the controller is really really gak!! It is the official jobby, but it feels awful to use. Can anyone recommend a good replacement?
Tue 24/08/04 at 09:48
Regular
"Milky Milky"
I just picked up a cheap Gamecube and everything is cool (Great games like Res evil Zero and pokemon colesseum already being enjoyed). But the controller is really really gak!! It is the official jobby, but it feels awful to use. Can anyone recommend a good replacement?
Tue 24/08/04 at 09:52
Regular
I always use official stuff - you can't beat it for quality. The GC pad is naturally pants anyway.

*ducks fanboy projectiles*
Tue 24/08/04 at 10:57
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If you don't like the GC pad then that's just you being weird. All the unofficial pads are much much worse.
Tue 24/08/04 at 12:20
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Fanboy or not, it's by far the most comfortable to hold.
Tue 24/08/04 at 13:30
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
If you think it feels a bit plasticky and breakable (the official pad, that is) then I suggest picking up a Wavebird. It looks the same, it feels the same, but it ain't the same.

In conclusion. Wavebird is the greatest controller ever made.
Tue 24/08/04 at 13:51
Regular
tphi wrote:
> Fanboy or not, it's by far the most comfortable to hold.

I agree it's comfortable, but I don't like the fact that there is only 1 real analogue stick. the C stick just doesn't cut it in FPS games.

Not that I'm too bothered. The only FPS I have on GC is Metroid Prime and I've mastered the controls on that.

For Digital-compatible games, I suggest you get the Hori pad - old skool control at it's finest - work's great with Wario Ware and Megaman Anniversary Collection
Tue 24/08/04 at 18:56
Regular
"Milky Milky"
If there aren't really any decent third party pads I'll stick with the official for a bit...maybe I just need to get used to it a little.
Tue 24/08/04 at 18:59
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
*strokes Wavebird*
Tue 24/08/04 at 23:36
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Ashman wrote:
> If you think it feels a bit plasticky and breakable (the official pad,
> that is) then I suggest picking up a Wavebird. It looks the same, it
> feels the same, but it ain't the same.
>
> In conclusion. Wavebird is the greatest controller ever made.

I have a Wavebird but have gone back to using normal. I likes me rumble.
Mon 30/08/04 at 00:49
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
Special Reserve offer a controller adapter thingy that lets you use a Ps2 controller on a gamecube.

P.S.You are totally nuts.
The buttons are put just in the right places and the c stick is in the same place as the ps2 controller.

Ooh it's not symmetrical, must mean it is rubbish.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.