GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sid Meier's Pirates"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Sid Meier's Pirates'.
Tue 24/08/04 at 11:54
Regular
This was the First game i ever truly loved! released by Atari in 1987 it was true genius at work and i spent hundreds of hours killing the Spanish all over the Carribean. You could plunder vilages, fight people in comedy 1987 graphics battles while your crew died of screen. Have proper sea battles and mary the governors daughter. This game was so good, years ahead of its time. There have been many efforts to replicate it over the years such as Corsairs and Cutthroats. Cutthroats was very good but wasn't a huge improvement on the old original apart from shiney graphics and really well done land battles.

Now the glory is resurrected! later in the year Sid Meiers Pirates is being recreated by the man himself, and looks pretty damn good. this will be my most important pre christmas purchase (yes unlucky half life 2-nah i'm buying that too, and i still love you football manager!)!. This had better be awesome!
Thu 16/09/04 at 13:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Q4 this year, I espy with my telescope. Maybe

I hope you can still control your boat around the Caribbean, and go for treasure in jungles that just look the same.

And chat up the governers' daughter.
Thu 16/09/04 at 13:16
Regular
"Fake Plastic Tree"
title is wrong. its Pirates!

:p
Thu 16/09/04 at 08:32
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Excellent! Lot's of "Arr!" moments beckon I think. When is this one out?
Wed 08/09/04 at 14:32
Regular
"A man with a stick"
cookie monster wrote:
> I was looking forward to this too, almost pre-ordered it back in
> february along with UT2004, glad i didnt, it's been pushed back to
> next year or something equally ridiculous.

I'm glad I did since I pre-ordered it for £18. Now if goes up in price I won't be charged extra. The reason the game has been delayed so much is because it's got allot of content it needs to get right. If it fails, it'll be one of the biggest failures in a long while.
Tue 07/09/04 at 19:33
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Der Nazi wrote:
> Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl

I was looking forward to this too, almost pre-ordered it back in february along with UT2004, glad i didnt, it's been pushed back to next year or something equally ridiculous.
Tue 07/09/04 at 18:55
Regular
"bit of a brain"
it really wasn't there. I was saaaaaaad.
Tue 07/09/04 at 15:56
Regular
come on gerrid you rabid scum, enlighten us
Sun 29/08/04 at 16:01
Regular
"bit of a brain"
no next saturday.
Sun 29/08/04 at 11:38
Regular
go on then gerrid, how was it?
Wed 25/08/04 at 11:35
Regular
"bit of a brain"
w/e

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.