GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"For those of you who bought the last two issues of OPSM2..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/08/04 at 17:48
Regular
Last months demo was suppose to have Video tips for PES3 on it but it wasn't on my disk, and this month there's suppose to be a Juiced demo, but that isn't on it either. So I was wondering (seeing as they haven't mentioned anything about the Video tips not being on last months disc in this months mag) were they on anyone elses disc or not?

Also, meh, what does everyone think to the new price of £5.99 for the mag? Its getting a tad expensive now.
Wed 25/08/04 at 21:40
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Bring back Playnation, decent reviews, and good freebies plus a nice
> Maxim photo at the back :-D Whatever happened to that? It just
> disappeared after about issue 15
>
> Used to buy Play but after scrapping the actually quite good DVD for
> the bloody cheats disc to help all the mongs who can't complete the
> impossible game of Harry Potter and the like it went drastically
> downhill to the point they hardly review games nowadays, just make
> pathetic jokes then stick a score at the end. Only decent thing about
> it is the Japanese news section which i can browse through at Asda in
> about 3 minutes to save me buying that rag :-D

I don't know if you've noticed, but they have included several images of scantily clad women in the last couple of issues as well as images from the playboy mansion on the dvd.

How can you read the jap news section? Wouldn't you have to rip off the cover?
Wed 25/08/04 at 21:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Bring back Playnation, decent reviews, and good freebies plus a nice Maxim photo at the back :-D Whatever happened to that? It just disappeared after about issue 15

Used to buy Play but after scrapping the actually quite good DVD for the bloody cheats disc to help all the mongs who can't complete the impossible game of Harry Potter and the like it went drastically downhill to the point they hardly review games nowadays, just make pathetic jokes then stick a score at the end. Only decent thing about it is the Japanese news section which i can browse through at Asda in about 3 minutes to save me buying that rag :-D
Wed 25/08/04 at 21:34
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
I bought OPSM2. I did get the tips on Pro Evo 3 section. The DVD itself is quite difficult to use, i thought. I didnt help that you have to keep clicking everything about five times. But yes, i did get that section.
Wed 25/08/04 at 21:31
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Look for the yellow sticker on the cover of the magazine. It states that Juiced isn't on the demo.
Wed 25/08/04 at 20:36
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
The main reason I buy OPS2 is to laugh hysterically on their views on some of the greatest games ever and praise average games like mashed. Did anyone see what they said about DW4:E? Hilarious.
Wed 25/08/04 at 20:27
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
I've only ever bought one issue of the OPSM many moons ago. As I'm not even that into games, I couldn't be bothered to be forking out a fortune just reading about video games rather than playing them.
Wed 25/08/04 at 19:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So if all the stuff is free that means the mag is £6. Now £6 for that pile of crap? I wouldn't even pay anything for it, the reviews are biased and as that's the main reason i buy (or used to buy anyway) games magazines then there's no reason to get it
Wed 25/08/04 at 13:11
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
God, first it was £5.00, then £5.50, and now £6.00. Its not like i want all those free crap things that come with the magazine, eg, competition slips/crappy posters etc.

Although this months was definately worth the money, just for playing on Burnout 3! What a game, Ive played it non-stop!
Wed 25/08/04 at 12:22
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Demo's slip as well as full games, cancelled my subscription ages ago, £6 for a mag eek, mind you think the XBox equivalent is the same or more.
Tue 24/08/04 at 20:17
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Fígó wrote:
> Also, meh, what does everyone think to the new price of £5.99
> for the mag? Its getting a tad expensive now.

That's the reason I stopped buying it in the first place.

*checks collection*

Yep, exactly one year ago.
:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.