GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario tennis is looking very nice..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Tennis'.
Fri 27/08/04 at 12:48
Regular
[URL] http://media.cube.ign.com/media/478/478864/img_2313400.html [/URL]

Not sure what's going on in this screenshot, but it looks cool.

[URL] http://media.cube.ign.com/media/478/478864/img_2313401.html [/URL]

Looks nice but I thought it was a tennis game?

[URL] http://media.cube.ign.com/media/478/478864/img_2313404.html [/URL]

Weren't these guys in banjo Kazooie?

[URL] http://media.cube.ign.com/media/478/478864/img_2313402.html [/URL]

Surely this mofo's cheating?
Fri 27/08/04 at 18:31
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
>My faith in Nintendo's
> sports spin-offs has been lost due to Mario Golf.

The difference is though Mario Golf used the same dated system that the N64 game had. The N64 version of Mario Tennis however isn't dated in terms of game play mechanics, this should rock unless something goes REALLY wrong.
Fri 27/08/04 at 18:11
Regular
From those screenshots?

I'd say it's looking pretty good, not great. Still, I'll probably get it due to my love of the N64 version.
Fri 27/08/04 at 18:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
If you don't pay for a new GC Zelda so you get it on release, you're an absoloute bonafide idiot.

Simple.

MT is looking sweet.
Fri 27/08/04 at 17:57
Regular
In my opinion, it's boring and just generally crappy.
Fri 27/08/04 at 17:52
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
What's wrong with the Cube version of Mario Golf?

Not played it yet myself, but the N64 version was enjoyable. But I don't know how it's going to feel going back to the old timed button pressing technique after copious hours spent playing Tiger Woods '03.

:)
Fri 27/08/04 at 17:49
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> I'm not gonna get my hopes up for Mario Tennis. My faith in Nintendo's
> sports spin-offs has been lost due to Mario Golf.

Mario Golf was great.
Fri 27/08/04 at 17:36
Regular
I'm not gonna get my hopes up for Mario Tennis. My faith in Nintendo's sports spin-offs has been lost due to Mario Golf.
Fri 27/08/04 at 17:11
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Strafio wrote:
> Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Strafio wrote:
>
> Looking good, but nothing will make me want to spend full price on a
> game again.
>
> Zelda
>
> Good point... :-)
>
> Even then, nothing is certain. :-)

Nice to see someone else not getting sucked into buying games for a crazily over price at their launch. Don't even think I'll rush out and buy the next Zelda for launch. Well unless it comes out at Christmas or something, and someone buys it me. The only reason I bought Wind Waker on launch was to get the Ocarina disk. So unless something like that happens again, I doubt I'll be forking out full price for it... unless that is, I win the lottery or something!

:)
Fri 27/08/04 at 16:29
Regular
As long as they keep the same game play mechanics and improve the single player mode so it's actually worth playing this time round, this should be a must buy.
Fri 27/08/04 at 16:15
Regular
Mario Tennis on the Nintendo sixty four was superb.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.