GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half Life 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Fri 27/08/04 at 13:03
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
You'll all agree with me when I say "wow", but is it coming to Xbox or Xbox 2 or neither?
Sun 29/08/04 at 01:11
Regular
Maybe they should have drawn up a timetable and kept telling the truth to Vivendi instead of keeping them sweet then.
Sun 29/08/04 at 04:59
"I love yo... lamp."
J-42 wrote:
> Notorious Biggles wrote:
> It was confirmed for Xbox ages ago.
>
> No it wasn't.

Not only was it confirmed, they released screenshots.
Sun 29/08/04 at 10:56
Regular
They even stated the reason the other two systems weren't getting it was because they couldn't handle it. Yet they also stated it 'could' be the launch title for either the next Nintendo or Playstation system.
Sun 29/08/04 at 11:31
Regular
I doubt it'll go much further then the Xbox.

But even then, it's a very PC based game.
Sun 29/08/04 at 14:51
Regular
So was the first, and that ended up on Playstation 2.

I reckon if it does go to next gen systems, it'll be an exact port of the Xbox version, and so wont make anywhere near full use of the systems.
Sun 29/08/04 at 16:37
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> J-42 wrote:
> Notorious Biggles wrote:
> It was confirmed for Xbox ages ago.
>
> No it wasn't.
>
> Not only was it confirmed, they released screenshots.

Prove it.
Mon 30/08/04 at 14:45
"I love yo... lamp."
*picks up Xbox magazine*

There, proved it. Oh, you mean you want proof?

[URL]http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/halflife2/screenindex.html[/URL]

Do 43 screen shots prove it enough for you?
Mon 30/08/04 at 15:01
Regular
I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually hit every format, but the next gen ones for Nintendo and Sony.

The original went to PS2 and they even made a DC version, years after the original PC release.
Mon 30/08/04 at 15:14
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I don't think that the DC version ever actually got released though. I remember DC-UK reviewing it and saying it was brilliards, but then DC-UK shut down and I cried for days.
Mon 30/08/04 at 15:22
"I love yo... lamp."
It wasn't released, which was stupid as it was amazing. They had even done the packaging. The ISOs were leaked onto the net. I have it. Really was fantastic and I think it had the ability to have been the Dreamcast's Halo. It truly was a loss to the games world. If you have broadband and a CD burner you could just download it and burn it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.