GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half Life 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Fri 27/08/04 at 13:03
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
You'll all agree with me when I say "wow", but is it coming to Xbox or Xbox 2 or neither?
Mon 30/08/04 at 15:30
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I'm not a huge fan of Half-Life, mainly because I despise shooting aliens.
Mon 30/08/04 at 15:29
Regular
I've got Blue Shift on my PC, I rather liked it, but it's nothing like as good as Opposing Force, which may actually be better than Half-Life itself.
Mon 30/08/04 at 15:26
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Oh yes Blue Shift. Apparently that wasn't actually that good. It would have been nice to have it, although I imagine the aiming wasn't up to much.
Mon 30/08/04 at 15:25
"I love yo... lamp."
It had the Blue Shift thing where you played as Barney, the security guard. I think it ended up being released for PC in the end, but it was good. Plus I prefered being able to play it on a console.
Mon 30/08/04 at 15:24
Regular
"bit of a brain"
:'( Wasn't it just the same as the PC Half-Life?
Mon 30/08/04 at 15:22
"I love yo... lamp."
It wasn't released, which was stupid as it was amazing. They had even done the packaging. The ISOs were leaked onto the net. I have it. Really was fantastic and I think it had the ability to have been the Dreamcast's Halo. It truly was a loss to the games world. If you have broadband and a CD burner you could just download it and burn it.
Mon 30/08/04 at 15:14
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I don't think that the DC version ever actually got released though. I remember DC-UK reviewing it and saying it was brilliards, but then DC-UK shut down and I cried for days.
Mon 30/08/04 at 15:01
Regular
I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually hit every format, but the next gen ones for Nintendo and Sony.

The original went to PS2 and they even made a DC version, years after the original PC release.
Mon 30/08/04 at 14:45
"I love yo... lamp."
*picks up Xbox magazine*

There, proved it. Oh, you mean you want proof?

[URL]http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/halflife2/screenindex.html[/URL]

Do 43 screen shots prove it enough for you?
Sun 29/08/04 at 16:37
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> J-42 wrote:
> Notorious Biggles wrote:
> It was confirmed for Xbox ages ago.
>
> No it wasn't.
>
> Not only was it confirmed, they released screenshots.

Prove it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.