GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DVD Remote - Don't know if anyone knew this..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/08/04 at 16:16
Regular
It seems you change the DVD region your Xbox can play determined by the the remote you're using.

I bought a UK one hoping to use it on both my UK and US Xboxes. I tried it in the US one but it said my US DVD's were an invalid region. I tried a UK R2 DVD in the US machine and it worked.

I'm guessing a US-bought remote would let you play R1 DVDs in your UK Xbox, meaning instead o hunting down the ever-elusive DVD Region X disc, you could just buy a US remote.

Can anyone confirm this? I'm about to order a US remote anyway as I need it to watch my R1 DVDs with.
Fri 27/08/04 at 16:16
Regular
It seems you change the DVD region your Xbox can play determined by the the remote you're using.

I bought a UK one hoping to use it on both my UK and US Xboxes. I tried it in the US one but it said my US DVD's were an invalid region. I tried a UK R2 DVD in the US machine and it worked.

I'm guessing a US-bought remote would let you play R1 DVDs in your UK Xbox, meaning instead o hunting down the ever-elusive DVD Region X disc, you could just buy a US remote.

Can anyone confirm this? I'm about to order a US remote anyway as I need it to watch my R1 DVDs with.
Fri 27/08/04 at 17:00
Regular
Let us know if that is the case.
Fri 27/08/04 at 17:10
Regular
Will do.
Fri 27/08/04 at 19:19
Regular
Yes I can confirm that this does work.
Fri 27/08/04 at 21:44
Regular
Yay, ordered a US one earlier. Result.
Fri 27/08/04 at 21:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
So an Xbox + a UK and US controller = multi region DVD player?

Nice.
Fri 27/08/04 at 21:47
Regular
US DVD remote. A US Controller probably won't make a difference
Fri 27/08/04 at 21:49
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I meant remote you northern-moving-target-for-my-gun-pikey.
Fri 27/08/04 at 21:49
Regular
It might smell different. Atlantic weather could change your game playing experience forever.
Fri 27/08/04 at 21:50
Regular
So why put controller then, you Southern pus-licking hobo :P

EDIT - Aimed at Cyclone, not Ic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.