GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thierry Henry moves to Konami..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/08/04 at 17:59
Regular
taken from gamesradar.com:

'In a deal worthy of a premiership coup, Henry signs for Pro Evo 4

He's currently the best striker in the world and the leading force in the record-breaking 43-matches-without-a-loss Arsenal team, and now Thierry Henry is set to grace the Pro Evolution Soccer 4 box and more in a deal that sees him moving to Konami's awesome footie title.

This is a bit of coup for Konami, seeing as Henry currently fronts Electronic Arts' FIFA 2004. Apparently, Henry is a fan of Pro Evo, stating, "The Pro Evolution Soccer series is by far the closest to real football." Well, he's right but he was hardly going to say anything different, was he? "I am very excited to be involved with a game of this calibre and look forward to working closely with Konami of Europe in the coming months," he added, like the consummate professional that he is.'

Good for Konami, in that it'll sell more now because he's on the cover, although though they wouldn't have to if there wasn't so many mongtards out there...
Fri 27/08/04 at 17:59
Regular
taken from gamesradar.com:

'In a deal worthy of a premiership coup, Henry signs for Pro Evo 4

He's currently the best striker in the world and the leading force in the record-breaking 43-matches-without-a-loss Arsenal team, and now Thierry Henry is set to grace the Pro Evolution Soccer 4 box and more in a deal that sees him moving to Konami's awesome footie title.

This is a bit of coup for Konami, seeing as Henry currently fronts Electronic Arts' FIFA 2004. Apparently, Henry is a fan of Pro Evo, stating, "The Pro Evolution Soccer series is by far the closest to real football." Well, he's right but he was hardly going to say anything different, was he? "I am very excited to be involved with a game of this calibre and look forward to working closely with Konami of Europe in the coming months," he added, like the consummate professional that he is.'

Good for Konami, in that it'll sell more now because he's on the cover, although though they wouldn't have to if there wasn't so many mongtards out there...
Fri 27/08/04 at 20:24
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Fígó wrote:
> taken from gamesradar.com:
>
> 'In a deal worthy of a premiership coup, Henry signs for Pro Evo 4
>
> He's currently the best striker in the world

*snickers* yea ok.
Fri 27/08/04 at 20:34
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Honestly, who's better? :-)
Fri 27/08/04 at 20:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Well of course the horse faced one is better, he is what you can call an out and out striker.
Ronaldo
Raul (before last seasons showing anyway)
Dong Fanzhou (United's chinese phenom) :-D
Fri 27/08/04 at 20:43
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ronaldo is the only one out of those who can even been mentioned in the same sentence as Henry in terms of goalscoring. But even then, in other aspects, the way he plays doesn't even compare to Henry. Raul's lost it all, as his goal tally for the past couple of seasons for both Spain and Real Madrid shows. While van Nistelrooy, although a proper striker, still can't score as many as Henry.

Therefore, Henry = best.
Fri 27/08/04 at 20:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Which is why he won the golden boot a couple of seasons back?
Fri 27/08/04 at 21:51
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
He? Which one?

I'm discussing this situation from an impartial viewpoint. I don't support Man United or Arsenal, so I'm not going to be biased. The majority of people who don't support teams of the players involved will say that Henry is the best striker out of the 4 we're discussing.

Right now (not a couple of seasons back), Henry is the best striker in the world. He scored the most goals last season, and in the toughest league as well. He might not have performed at Euro 2004, but then it was a crap tournament anyway, with all emphasis on defence unless you were Czech Republic or England.
Fri 27/08/04 at 21:56
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
[URL] http://www.manutdtour.com/teams/051403.asp [/URL]

There you go. Part of AJ's argument, meet window. Window, Part of AJ's argument :-D

I will agree that Thierry Henry is the best FORWARD in the country right now but as an out and out striker there's none better then Ruud *if i'm in the box the ball's going in the onion bag* Van Nistelrooy. He just has that predatory instinct all great strikers have of knowing where to be at the right time for the simple tap in. Some may not appreciate that talent but it is just as skillful as smacking in a 25 yard screamer
Fri 27/08/04 at 22:52
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
The great minds of this forum seem to be forgetting the name "Shevchenko" :^)
Fri 27/08/04 at 22:59
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
AfroJoe wrote:
> in the world. He scored the most goals last season, and in the
> toughest league as well.

I disagree, Serie A is by far the toughest league, the managers concentrate on defense and the best defenders and goalkeepers play there. Thats why i think Shevchenko is the best in the world. Far to underated.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.