GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pikmin x 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'pikmin 2'.
Sun 29/08/04 at 14:04
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
With Pikmin 2 only a month or so away, I decided to give the original a going through to practice ready for the better looking sequel. I must say the first time I played this game I didn't really appreciate it's full value. Yes it is short, but the quality is awesome and you can't fault Nintendo for that. They always seem to produce something that no other company can.

The graphics are great and the music I believe is fantastic. It's soothing and very nice on the ears. For example, the final few minutes before sunset on "Forest Navel" is my favourite and it's suits the game perfectly. Anyone else find the music this good?

Now I can't wait for Pikmin 2 and believe it or not it's my most wanted game of this year. What are your thoughts on the original and the sequel?
Sat 11/09/04 at 02:30
Regular
"Balls"
well it isnt worth 10/10 as i wouldnt say it is, just i think it could have been a bit longer in the main game objective it could have easily been longer and i didnt see why it wasn't.
Sat 11/09/04 at 00:43
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Morbo wrote:
> i would give it 9/10 due to the short lived main objective.

Don't be too harsh.
Fri 10/09/04 at 23:09
Regular
Pikmin 2 is much harder than the original, and more enjoyable too.
Fri 10/09/04 at 22:52
Regular
It is technically pointless in Super Smash Brothers: Melee... I still enjoyed doing it.
Fri 10/09/04 at 14:22
Regular
"Balls"
yeah it good for going back and collecting more stuff. perfect for that, but you feel like its a bit pointless as your collecting all this stuff for nothing as it doesnt give you any real reason to do it but to gather more money. but im still enjoying it, only it gets frustrating when your pikmin get wiped out because they have no brains. and you cant get more as your in hole and your stuck with 2 left so you have to reset.
Fri 10/09/04 at 14:10
Regular
As long as it has re-play value then I do not care...

I only dislike short games if I can't go back to them and do something else such as play multiplayer or collect some stuff.
Fri 10/09/04 at 13:48
Regular
"Balls"
Pikmin 2 is good fun but very short. well to complete the main game its short but to uncover every bit of tresure from every area will take some time as once you have completed it a new area appears and its much more difficult than the previous levels.

i would give it 9/10 due to the short lived main objective.
Sat 04/09/04 at 14:24
Regular
Wales v England here we come!
Sat 04/09/04 at 14:15
Regular
There's nothing that really excites me.

I'll be getting PES4 on the Xbox, but aside from that, I just don't particularly care.
Sat 04/09/04 at 01:56
Regular
Lol....

Pikmin 2 and Zelda: Four Swords have been two of my most anticipated titles since I played them both last year.

Although Donkey Konga and Paper Mario 2 has been announced since and I just cannot wait to enjoy this little titles.

Pikmin 2, Donkey Konga, Paper Mario 2 and Prime 2 are the big Nintendo games this year...

Animal Crossing and Wario Ware just smell of Nintendo's smarts... whilst the above 4 are Nintendo at their blockbusting best.

Prince of Persia 2 is also a game to look out for and I'm certain to own that.

I'll get Goldeneye if it's any good.

Oh and Gerrid I think you'll find Timesplitters: Future Perfect, Mario TEnnis and Starfox 2 aren't out this year.

Those of you who moaned about Nintendo's line up this year are just mistaken. Paper Mario is just a fun little adventure, Pikmin 2 is Miyamoto's big Christmas game, Donkey Konga is a good party romp and Prime 2 is the blockbuster. Also Tales is about for all those RPG nuts with too much time on their hands (I would like it but would I play it)?

That is a real neat little line-up there, there isn't just one must have title and a few nice ones to go with it (like last years great Christmas)... but 4 totally essential purchases (well maybe not Dkonga for some of you but you'd be missing out).

If MP6 is out this year with the microphone thing I'll probably end up getting it.

If not it'll join Timesplitters 3, Killer 7, Resident Evil 4, Zelda, Mario Tennis, Starfox 2, DK: Jungle Beat, Odama and Super Monkey Ball 3... as must owns of 2005.

Oh and not to forget Viewtiful Joe 2.

Oh the head!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.