GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What Is The Offside Rule?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/06/01 at 15:08
Regular
Can someone Please Explain The Offside Rule?
Tue 19/06/01 at 15:08
Can someone Please Explain The Offside Rule?
Tue 19/06/01 at 15:12
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
First of all the goalkeeper doesn't count as a man in the offside rule.

Lets say the defence is a 4 people in a line. If the opposition plays the ball to a player who is behind the 4 people he is offside. The player has to time his run to stop from being offside.
Tue 19/06/01 at 15:33
Regular
actually the goalkeeper does count. Any player and the goalkeeper have the be behind the ball for the opposition to be onside.
Tue 19/06/01 at 15:41
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
You cannot be offside from a corner or throw in, you can't be offside in your own half.

Recently, you can be in an offside position and play not be called back, if the ref. deems that you are not directly involved in the play/game scoring chance etc. This causes more problems than the offside rule ever did.
Tue 19/06/01 at 15:45
Regular
any arsnal fans remember when anelka scored in THAT fa-cup semi final? whoa did i crap my pants when anelka banged that in. He celebrated for ages and i was sooo relieved when i saw the flag had been up the whole time. That game has to be my 2nd greatest Man.utd moment.
Tue 19/06/01 at 15:53
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Anelka was always offside. I think he was the person who had the most offsides in one season.
Tue 19/06/01 at 16:10
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
Ortega wrote:
> any arsnal fans remember when anelka scored in THAT fa-cup semi final? whoa did i crap my pants when anelka banged that in. He celebrated for ages and i was sooo relieved when i saw the flag had been up the whole time. That game has to be my 2nd greatest Man.utd moment.

I do remember that, thanks for reminding me. If I have to see that Ryan Giggs goal one more time I think I'll explode. I'm not sure what was worse, the goal, the missed penalty or Andy Gray going on and on about it. I hate that man so very, very much.

BTW, what's your No.1 Man U moment (suspects treble but asks none the less)
Tue 19/06/01 at 16:40
Regular
well, when we equalised against bayern munich i was ecsatic and jumping about. I was speechless when we took the lead probably becasue i was out of breath from the last goal! thats my top moment and its gonna be hard for anything to ever beat that. seeing schmeichel save begkamps penalty also made me very happy. As much as i hate arsenal i have somthing personal against Dennis ever since he scored that goal in World cup 98.
Tue 19/06/01 at 19:52
I remember that FA Cup semi final very well. It was a freezing cold night (or it certainly felt like it high up in the Villa Park stand). After an 'iffy' start by Arsenal and a good goal from Beckham the game looked to have turned in Arsenals favour when Bergkamp equalised and then Ellery sent off Roy Keane. Arsenal dominated the remainder of normal time and I could not believe it when (an injured) Schmiechal saved the penalty in the 91st minute. Somehow I just knew we would be punished. Sure enough the game was settled by a truly wonderful goal (started by a rare mis-placed pass by Patrick Vieira).

What I remember most about that night was the immense hostility from the Man Utd supporters. I was an Arsenal fan sat in the Man Utd section and had Bergkamp scored THAT penalty and Arsenal went won I would have been very lucky to have got out of there with all my limbs intact.
Tue 19/06/01 at 20:09
Regular
so much stood on just one kick. Bergkamp v schmeichel. If bergy had put the ball in the back of the net i reckon arsenal would have done the double that year. The confidence of the Man utd players would have been shattered by a knockout from arsenal. They probably wouldnt have even won the euro cup. The united players had the belief in them that anything was possible after the arsenal game. Its just sad to see that it seems they have lost it now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.