GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gameboy Advance - is it just gaming or what?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/06/01 at 12:25
Regular
This hype around the "new kid on the block" - why? It basically seems like its an updated version of the Sega GameGear. Its hardly a major step in mobile gaming is it? I mean, there was this hype around the Sega Dreamcast's launch, promising up to a million players on the Internet. Whatever happened to that. It was basically a load of crap. It was unreliable and slow. Then when I first heard about this 'fantastic' new Gameboy, I wondered if it would have the capability of connecting to the internet via mobile phones (everyone has them now) and then being able to play some of the major titles on dedicated servers, allowing fast reliable and fun multiplay. But no. All I hear is that it has a fancy screen and that you can play existing Gameboy titles on it. What a waste of potential. I just felt that it would now be possible to be able to successfully implement this new generation of multiplayer gaming. Nintento seems to have wasted an opportunity here, and I don't think I'm going to waste my hard-earned money on something which is not refreshingly new or radical. Well, it seems like Nintendo's downfall and ultimately demise continues. RIP.
Tue 19/06/01 at 13:05
What the hell do you mean???

It's the ultimate portable gaming experence. i mean imagane carring your super nintendo aroud with you, infact it's better than a super nintendo. It has the power of the ps1 but it just can't create 3d images. It more like rip Sony.
Tue 19/06/01 at 12:25
This hype around the "new kid on the block" - why? It basically seems like its an updated version of the Sega GameGear. Its hardly a major step in mobile gaming is it? I mean, there was this hype around the Sega Dreamcast's launch, promising up to a million players on the Internet. Whatever happened to that. It was basically a load of crap. It was unreliable and slow. Then when I first heard about this 'fantastic' new Gameboy, I wondered if it would have the capability of connecting to the internet via mobile phones (everyone has them now) and then being able to play some of the major titles on dedicated servers, allowing fast reliable and fun multiplay. But no. All I hear is that it has a fancy screen and that you can play existing Gameboy titles on it. What a waste of potential. I just felt that it would now be possible to be able to successfully implement this new generation of multiplayer gaming. Nintento seems to have wasted an opportunity here, and I don't think I'm going to waste my hard-earned money on something which is not refreshingly new or radical. Well, it seems like Nintendo's downfall and ultimately demise continues. RIP.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.