GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gameboy Advance - is it just gaming or what?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/06/01 at 12:25
Regular
This hype around the "new kid on the block" - why? It basically seems like its an updated version of the Sega GameGear. Its hardly a major step in mobile gaming is it? I mean, there was this hype around the Sega Dreamcast's launch, promising up to a million players on the Internet. Whatever happened to that. It was basically a load of crap. It was unreliable and slow. Then when I first heard about this 'fantastic' new Gameboy, I wondered if it would have the capability of connecting to the internet via mobile phones (everyone has them now) and then being able to play some of the major titles on dedicated servers, allowing fast reliable and fun multiplay. But no. All I hear is that it has a fancy screen and that you can play existing Gameboy titles on it. What a waste of potential. I just felt that it would now be possible to be able to successfully implement this new generation of multiplayer gaming. Nintento seems to have wasted an opportunity here, and I don't think I'm going to waste my hard-earned money on something which is not refreshingly new or radical. Well, it seems like Nintendo's downfall and ultimately demise continues. RIP.
Sat 23/06/01 at 13:43
_DIE_joyster I disagree

the GBA's cool

LEARN THE DIFFERANCE BEETWEEN GOOD 'N' BAD
Wed 20/06/01 at 21:43
Regular
i still got my copy. Too important to me. I would never sell it. I have sold off any of my games, i can never bear to part with them.
Wed 20/06/01 at 21:31
Regular
My brother is buying Donkey Kong Country for the SNES off a friend for £1
Wed 20/06/01 at 13:21
Regular
snes games were pritty expensive. I remember paying £60 for donkey kong country. But that was becasue it was the biggest cart to be produced at that time.
Wed 20/06/01 at 13:18
Regular
I have played one, at a computer fair in Dundee, and the launch games are not worth £34.99, I don't even think F-Zero retailed at that on the SNES did it?
Wed 20/06/01 at 13:17
Regular
"Long Live Nintendo!"
It could be worse. Originally the prices were gonna be £40 - £50. At least we know we're getting our money's worth!!!
Wed 20/06/01 at 13:15
Regular
I cant really judge if the price of these games is justified becasue i havnt played on any yet. I'm sure Tony hawks 2 will be worth the money, but the older ports from the snes i have 2nd thoughts about.
Wed 20/06/01 at 13:12
Regular
£34.99 for Mario 2, you have to be kidding right??? Or £34.99 for Kuri Kuri Kuririn, LOL. That is the same price I payed for Extermination!!! I can also get Crazi Taxi for £31.99 on the PS2, but that site will also be selling GBA games for £29.99.
Wed 20/06/01 at 13:09
Regular
i dont really mind about the price of the console that much. After all the console will last you the life of all the games. Its the price of the games which is more the issue.
Wed 20/06/01 at 13:08
Regular
I think the portable screen on the PSOne is just a little higher quality than a GBA.

Anyway the debate on the price is more the fact that the RRP by Nintendo is between £73-79, but retailers don't make much profit from that so they are selling it at £89.99.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.