GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Surround Sound Question."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/08/04 at 14:42
Regular
Xbox only has an optical out, so I need to buy a surround sound kit with built in Dolby decoder, correct?

[URL]http://www.netelectrics.biz/product.asp?ProdID=3641[/URL] something like this?
Tue 31/08/04 at 14:42
Regular
Xbox only has an optical out, so I need to buy a surround sound kit with built in Dolby decoder, correct?

[URL]http://www.netelectrics.biz/product.asp?ProdID=3641[/URL] something like this?
Tue 31/08/04 at 14:43
Regular
Yessirree
Tue 31/08/04 at 14:50
Regular
So that kit has everything I need Dolby wise?

I know I need an advanced scart lead and an optical lead, but decoder/speaker wise it has everything?

If you lie to me I shall come round your house and steal your liver...
Tue 31/08/04 at 15:07
Regular
All I know is you need a Dolby Decoder with an Optical Input. Which it has. Quite a bargain too, it seems.

*looks in wallet*

*reluctantly closes wallet*
Tue 31/08/04 at 15:17
Regular
I have to wait another month before I can get it, but I'm going to get that one.

Cheers for your help :-)
Tue 31/08/04 at 15:18
Regular
What about my Liver?
Tue 31/08/04 at 23:43
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I got those speakers, use them for my DVD players so it does have built in decoder. Havent used it with my XBox but it should work. Remote is crap as its a small with those crappy buttons, kinda hard to explain. Also has no LCD or front panel to show settings like volume, bass etc. Got LEDs showing the different modes. Powerful set of speakers as I have never gone over half way with the volume, a 3rd volume is very loud in a normal sized bedroom.
Wed 01/09/04 at 09:26
Regular
Cheers for the info Adrian.

I think I'm going to get them as I can't afford to spend 200+ on a decent set. I think this will be good enough for me.
Wed 01/09/04 at 10:26
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Aye! Invest in a good amp/speaker system too! Then you can have the edge on many fps like halo or splinter cell! You can hear where people are coming from! + good for dvds too!
Wed 01/09/04 at 13:13
Regular
hi all,
any recommendations for surround sound speakers for games and dvds for xbox? looking for around the £70 mark. those accoustic solutions ones look pretty good, any more views on them?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.