GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Surround Sound Question."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/08/04 at 14:42
Regular
Xbox only has an optical out, so I need to buy a surround sound kit with built in Dolby decoder, correct?

[URL]http://www.netelectrics.biz/product.asp?ProdID=3641[/URL] something like this?
Fri 01/10/04 at 12:15
Regular
yeah got my joytech digital av cable yesterday and hooked it up. sounds really good. listened to half a dvd and played a couple of games with it and cant complain for the money. just dont loose the remote as there are no controls on the box!
Thu 30/09/04 at 15:20
Regular
Any news?
Mon 27/09/04 at 13:40
Regular
Ok nice one. Hope this one works ok :-)
Mon 27/09/04 at 10:33
Regular
Your Honour,

got the replacement on sat. Seems to be fine now, doesnt sound like a beehive anymore. Not got it connected to Xbox yet though, just order advanced scart with optical lead. Hopefully be bringing my games and dvds to life in next couple of days.
Tue 21/09/04 at 10:15
Regular
Hi,

they picked up friday. I'll give them a call later today if I get the chance and find out whats happening.

As for a question about the humming, it was coming from all the speakers:(
Mon 20/09/04 at 15:39
Regular
Any news on this at all?
Wed 15/09/04 at 14:48
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Humming sound generally means a wiring problem somewhere down the line, make sure your connections are clean and do not cross onto each other, and that you haven't connected them backwards/flipped the speaker cable over. Is it out of on speaker or the lot? If it's out of the lot then chances are you've got yourself a beggered amp. -Or just turn your amp down, you may have pants speakers compared to the output of the amp?
Always get speakers that can handle more watts than your amp!
Tue 14/09/04 at 22:43
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Humming, sound system.

I have memories of my own.
Tue 14/09/04 at 20:34
Regular
I hope you get it sorted mate.

Can you let us know if the new one has the same problem?
Mon 13/09/04 at 17:12
Regular
Your Honour,

should be getting it picked up friday then hopefully getting a replacement. I'll let you know

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.