GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Getting your PS2 chipped"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/09/04 at 19:55
Regular
"ALLER"
Does anyone know about this new magic card thing?
Fri 03/09/04 at 20:37
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Fri 03/09/04 at 19:07
Regular
nba legend wrote:
> Darwock wrote:
> Bullet
>
> *Bullett
>
> [S]Sorry, i'm in a picky mood, first day back to school and stuff...
>
>
> :p

*ßulle††

Sorry, I'm in a picky mood, because that's just me and stuff.

:p
Fri 03/09/04 at 16:24
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
When I mentioned the thing about clumsy people, I had a specific person in mind. He's broken his PS2 twice by pulling it off the shelf onto the floor from a great distance, last time he had to get a new PS2. He just doesn't seem to understand that electronic devices need a bit of respect.

He's just e-mailed me to say he pulled it on to the floor again - now HDloader is telling him it can't find a hard drive! Nightmare.
Thu 02/09/04 at 19:42
Regular
nba legend wrote:
> Darwock wrote:
> Bullet
>
> *Bullett
>
> [S]Sorry, i'm in a picky mood, first day back to school and stuff...
>
>
> :p

Heh, most people miss the last letter off - doesn't really bother me to be honest :D
Thu 02/09/04 at 19:15
Regular
"Bicycle"
Ugh, school.

I want an HDLoader...

Why did they shut it down?!? WHY?!?

Also...

Nothing.
Thu 02/09/04 at 15:36
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Darwock wrote:
> Bullet

*Bullett

[S]Sorry, i'm in a picky mood, first day back to school and stuff...

:p
Thu 02/09/04 at 15:16
Regular
Yeah, good point. I guess people can be heavy-handed - I can only really vouch for my own gentle touch.

As for dust, just cover the PS2 up when not using it :D

I admittedly don't, but that's my risk...
Thu 02/09/04 at 13:36
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
What you have to remember Bullet is that some people are naturally clumsy, and one man's gentle is another man's crowbar/mallet combo. There is always a risk doing it this way.

I've done it myself, however I don't like it for the above reasons and also the way it exposes the drive to dust.
Thu 02/09/04 at 13:33
Regular
It's actually really easy and smooth using a slide card.

I've never had any problems, and if you be gentle with the drive, there's no way you can damage it.

I would have got the flip-top, but they guy I went to had none left, so I picked up the slide card and HDLoader instead.
Thu 02/09/04 at 13:30
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
lalakersrule wrote:
> However Darwock knows a safer way to get it modded me thinks, he'll
> probably pop in here when he sees the topic title

*pop*

Hello. The absolute safest way to play imports is via the use of a disc called HDloader, a hard drive, and a PC. But unless you can find a copy of HDloader for sale somewhere (Sony cracked down on it) you can't do that.

The next safest way is to change the case of your console for one with a hinged lid. You can then use discs called swap magic to play any imports you want. See www.ps2fliptop.com for details.

The other way is via the 'slide card', which is similar to above but as you don't have a hinged lid you need to take off the face of your disc tray and try and force the tray out manually. 'slide card' is a bit of a misleading name, a lot of people use a knife and it really is a hatchet job. I don't recommend doing it more than once or twice as you may damage your tray motor.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.