GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Want a sequel?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/09/04 at 01:39
Regular
Ever play a game that you loved so dearly but question the liklihood of seeing the franchise ever again?

It worries me to be honest that after enjoying a very Ubi-soft Christmas last year that I may never experience games like that again.

I rarely finish games, I've finally beaten the boss in Resident Evil 0 (cheers), Pokemon Sapphire came to a close a few months back... I did Super Mario World again. I also finished Mario Kart before the end of 2003.

But to be fair the games that I've most recently finished and have remained in my memory have been Ubi-soft titles. I finished Prince of Persia in April, I'm verging on the end of Beyond Good and Evil and last Christmas would have sucked without the wonderful XIII.

It is for this reason that Beyond Good and Evil and XIII have been added to my list of "I want a sequel and I want one now".

Along with Super Monkey Ball 3, Shadowman 3 (go on Iguana, set up a new company and buy the rights) and Turok.

I'd just XIII 2 over Metroid Prime 2 anyday.

Nintendo answered my prayers recently by bringing another in the Paper Mario series. Hope it happens again.
Fri 03/09/04 at 18:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I think the real quality of Skies shows through the fact that, despite all the random-and-very-boring-minor (major battles are class) battles, I still couldn't stop playing it for days.

It's a DC generation game in the GC era, and yet it's still great.
Fri 03/09/04 at 16:51
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Wrong.
>
> Skies is loved by all.
>
> Sega ballsed up F-Zero because after the DC their game designing
> talents fell to standards of a very small chimp.
>
> Lesson for Nintendo: Don't give crap companies your franchises.

(You do know 'Skies' is made by Sega, don't you?)

And loved by all is certainly not true, because it's atrocious. All the negative aspects of RPGs rolled into one frustrating mess of repetitive gameplay and constant, unchallenging random battles.
Fri 03/09/04 at 15:33
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> Whitestripes DX wrote:
> That's because you're a lame ass, buddy.
>
> The game was easyish
>
> And boringish.

It beats anything else on the Cube hands down for me. Simple.
Thu 02/09/04 at 23:38
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> You are banished.
>
> Begone.

Then again I haven't got very far.
Thu 02/09/04 at 23:32
Regular
You are banished.

Begone.
Thu 02/09/04 at 23:28
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> That's because you're a lame ass, buddy.

The game was easyish

And boringish.
Thu 02/09/04 at 23:24
Regular
That's because you're a lame ass, buddy.
Thu 02/09/04 at 23:20
Regular
F zero was a great game, just very hard which is very hardcore.

And Skies is so much an RPG that I struggle to play it.

One of those games where I dread to enter a dungeon.
Thu 02/09/04 at 23:18
Regular
Wrong.

Skies is loved by all.

Sega ballsed up F-Zero because after the DC their game designing talents fell to standards of a very small chimp.

Lesson for Nintendo: Don't give crap companies your franchises.
Thu 02/09/04 at 23:11
Regular
munn wrote:
> But Sega made two of the GC's best games - F-zero and Skies (actually,
> did they?).

I'm sorry but both are an aquired taste... mainly to the hardcore gamer.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.