GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory'.
Sun 17/12/06 at 17:55
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Thanks to Spoonzor for bringing this great game to mind...Is anyone else playing this still, or is it just me?

Ever since I first got introduced to this game several years ago now, I just cant stop playing it! It still seems as popular now as when it was first released, still hundreds of different servers, with thousands of gamers still playing this simple game. Surely there must be better games with better graphics and game play to tear them away?

If you still play this, what exactly is it about this game that is so addictive and can still pull you away from other new releases?

Also what's your fav maps, servers, weapons, or classes?

I love every bit of this game, especially with all the add ons and custom maps available. Always something new to find and do on it. But even Simply playing the same basic levels you get when you first start the game, are still just as great and entertaining, you can never get bored of them.

Maybe its just the simplicity of the game that makes it so great?! What ever it is, it's excellent and I'll probably still be playing this in years to come! (well hopefully not, but if I got nothing better to do then fair enough :) )

Definitely one of my favourite games ever on the PC!
Tue 19/12/06 at 17:08
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
That is me indeed! Rating of 18?! what's all that about?

Yeah GoldRush is one of my favourites, you can really do some great owning on that level, no matter what class you are, and some great exp for engineer.

Yeah I reckon we'll have to do some gaming soon, I will always have time for wolfenstein!

Shrub levels are fun, not been on one for a while though, was great doing runs with random classes with different weapons, such fun!
Tue 19/12/06 at 15:55
Regular
LINK Is this you Vexxxed? Hmm not bad scores. I havent played Base Race in awhile.

I hate going on noob servers, because you end up killing so many people that they call you a cheat and try and kick you off the server =(

Gold Rush, dont you love it when isntead of fixing the tank, a bunch of players just go off and destroy and rebuild the truck barriers. ¬_¬

Temple I use to love playing a lot, but the allies have to be good in moving the tank, otherwise it becomes one sided and the spawnkilling starts. You get a lot of snipers on there too like Fuel Dump.

Won many games on fuel dump getting a Uni and letting an engineer in. On old Shrub servers I use to get a Uni, then change class to Engineer then sneak in and do it myself. Annoying though when allies are weak and spend ages just trying to do the bridge.

TC Base can be a lot of fun, lots of good attacking and defending. Going through the gates is almost suicide though because of panza noobs on the bridge and mobiles under the truck.

Radar I enjoy but most servers take that out like Railgun, too much spawnkilling on Railgun. Radar can be fun but you really need to do a lot of defending on the axis side. A lot of mines are needed and you cant lose the CP to the allies.

Sure I'll pop onto one of your servers and have a game with you, but as you're getting a Wii today, I dont think that'll happen for a couple of weeks when you get bored of it =D
Tue 19/12/06 at 15:36
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
I do like to get General, or Field Marshall when playing No Quarter, so yeah, Panzer noobing is always needed once in a while :D

It's hard to really do the job when your playing with a load of random unsupportive players, who are more concerned in all being snipers on Fuel Dump, and your the only Engineer :/ Get's a bit annoying.

Ah yes, I used to play on the LGND server once in a while. Also used to be a great server called GTAP, but that's long gone now. The one's that I'm mostly on now are, AOG - Come in and play, and also two No Quarter servers. Great stuff.
Sun 17/12/06 at 18:10
Regular
Heavy weapons I enjoy using mortar and really good at it. Not a fan of Panza, that's right Vexxxed, you must be one of those people with Panza who go around commiting suicide ;)

I'm a rare breed, I try and complete the objective and win the match instead of running around like a rambo med trying to kill as many enemy as I can.

EDIT: I did do 3 walkthroughs on ET and won a GAD for it. Lots of tips on playing ET like using the enemies weapons when they drop them. Pretending to run away around corners and then double backing, leaving ammo/health on mines to encourage the enemy to run into them =)
Sun 17/12/06 at 18:08
Regular
I've been playing it for years. I use to play a lot on a server run by the [LGND] clan. It was a stopwatch shrub server but they dont seem to exist anymore.

What I love about the game, hmm I dunno, I've made many friends on ET and I really love gaining XP and going up classes :D Boy have I had some great games on ET. I love it when you have a chance to win the match, like the sea gun map is it? Where allies are trying to blow the gun controls. If you get up there and just run through without being seen, your heart beats so fast. Hopefully you'll be a high level engineer and can throw 2 dynamites and then start them at the same time. Then blow the controls and win the match :)

I tend to go on the allies side, there are just so many maps in their favour but it depends on whether there's any clan stacking.
Sun 17/12/06 at 18:03
Regular
I play it a lot :) I tried to get people on SR to play but they werent interested in it because it's a free game =/

I just found out that another poster on here called Spriffle plays ET, or use to =)
Sun 17/12/06 at 17:55
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Thanks to Spoonzor for bringing this great game to mind...Is anyone else playing this still, or is it just me?

Ever since I first got introduced to this game several years ago now, I just cant stop playing it! It still seems as popular now as when it was first released, still hundreds of different servers, with thousands of gamers still playing this simple game. Surely there must be better games with better graphics and game play to tear them away?

If you still play this, what exactly is it about this game that is so addictive and can still pull you away from other new releases?

Also what's your fav maps, servers, weapons, or classes?

I love every bit of this game, especially with all the add ons and custom maps available. Always something new to find and do on it. But even Simply playing the same basic levels you get when you first start the game, are still just as great and entertaining, you can never get bored of them.

Maybe its just the simplicity of the game that makes it so great?! What ever it is, it's excellent and I'll probably still be playing this in years to come! (well hopefully not, but if I got nothing better to do then fair enough :) )

Definitely one of my favourite games ever on the PC!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.