GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory'.
Sun 17/12/06 at 17:55
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Thanks to Spoonzor for bringing this great game to mind...Is anyone else playing this still, or is it just me?

Ever since I first got introduced to this game several years ago now, I just cant stop playing it! It still seems as popular now as when it was first released, still hundreds of different servers, with thousands of gamers still playing this simple game. Surely there must be better games with better graphics and game play to tear them away?

If you still play this, what exactly is it about this game that is so addictive and can still pull you away from other new releases?

Also what's your fav maps, servers, weapons, or classes?

I love every bit of this game, especially with all the add ons and custom maps available. Always something new to find and do on it. But even Simply playing the same basic levels you get when you first start the game, are still just as great and entertaining, you can never get bored of them.

Maybe its just the simplicity of the game that makes it so great?! What ever it is, it's excellent and I'll probably still be playing this in years to come! (well hopefully not, but if I got nothing better to do then fair enough :) )

Definitely one of my favourite games ever on the PC!
Tue 18/12/07 at 16:09
Regular
Games still class after all the years, I still play the RTCW, Depot map is always a classic!!

As for ET, Fueldump all the way for this kid!!

Fun of this game will never die
Wed 21/02/07 at 17:57
Regular
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> I still have it somewhere so I might give it another go later
> this week after I've got a few deadlines out of the way,
> although I use Linux so I'm not sure how all the punkbuster
> stuff that Machie posted applies to me but I'm sure I'll figure
> it out if I need to.
> Then again, it used to let me play on servers so maybe it came
> set up fine?

All the patches and (I think) punkbuster have linux downloads too. So that wont be a problem =)

I'll post some links for you in a minute after I find them.
Tue 20/02/07 at 22:02
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Vexxxed wrote:
> Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> I've tried ET a few times but I never really got into it...
>
> Not really your style of game, or just wasn't that keen on it
> once you were on it?

I enjoy FPSs, it just never grabbed me. I never gave it a lot of chance though, I downloaded Tremulous (another free Q3 based game, but with aliens) about the same time and that had most of my attention.

I still have it somewhere so I might give it another go later this week after I've got a few deadlines out of the way, although I use Linux so I'm not sure how all the punkbuster stuff that Machie posted applies to me but I'm sure I'll figure it out if I need to.
Then again, it used to let me play on servers so maybe it came set up fine?
Tue 20/02/07 at 20:40
Regular
Vexxxed wrote:
> pb wrote:
> hm. Might have to give it a go now everyone seems to be
> enjoying
> it...
>
> Yeah def pb, come have a play!

Hopefully with more of us playing it, he might give it a try when he has time =) plus he does have his new PC.
Tue 20/02/07 at 20:33
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> I've tried ET a few times but I never really got into it...

Not really your style of game, or just wasn't that keen on it once you were on it?
Tue 20/02/07 at 20:33
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
pb wrote:
> hm. Might have to give it a go now everyone seems to be enjoying
> it...

Yeah def pb, come have a play!
Thu 15/02/07 at 22:45
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I've tried ET a few times but I never really got into it...
Thu 15/02/07 at 21:57
"possibly impossible"
hm. Might have to give it a go now everyone seems to be enjoying it...
Tue 13/02/07 at 23:47
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Machie, did you get a chance to check out AoG server? Sorry I couldn't get on, had some unexpected calls...also thought you could use the practise ;) hehe.
Tue 19/12/06 at 17:21
Regular
Not sure, havent figured out their scoring system yet on that site =) but I added those 2 servers and put you on my buddy list, so I can spy on you while you play.

On GoldRush I like to be by the MGs when Allies move the tank, it's a good way to kill a few Axis when they come out of spawn. Hopefully there will already be some mines laid out for them too.

I think Medic and Engineer I try and be. Don't usually play CoverOp and if I do it's usually to provide smoke cover. You don't usually see that do you :) ever been in a match where you have about 5 snipers and 0 smoke cover. So when I try and max my Covert Op stats I usually provide cover for everyone. It's good being lvl 4 and stabbing people in the back =D

Engineer I use Nade launcher a lot. It's the only advantage you have over lvl4 medics. I love firing it blindly into the air and getting a kill :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.