GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PlayStation 2 - Screen Problem"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/06/01 at 21:17
Regular
Help!

I've just got a PS 2, and it looks like the screen is incorrect!

Whenever I turn it on, it looks fine, but as soon as I play a game, the picture in the top-right corner looks like it's been pulled away a bit, for want of a better expression. So instead of a crisp, 4-sided square, I have three straight sides, and one with a distinct bow in it. The bow seems to fether out s the look down the screen, and the bottom-right corner is fine.

I have tried setting the PS 2 to every screen option available and I still get the same problem. I've tried it on two TV's, and both show the same thing.

Any ideas?
Sat 16/06/01 at 22:38
Regular
"Back For Good"
If it's a PSone game then yes they run a little zoomed in running on a PS2.

But if it's a DVD or PS2 game i'd fiddle around with the display settings.
Sat 16/06/01 at 21:17
Help!

I've just got a PS 2, and it looks like the screen is incorrect!

Whenever I turn it on, it looks fine, but as soon as I play a game, the picture in the top-right corner looks like it's been pulled away a bit, for want of a better expression. So instead of a crisp, 4-sided square, I have three straight sides, and one with a distinct bow in it. The bow seems to fether out s the look down the screen, and the bottom-right corner is fine.

I have tried setting the PS 2 to every screen option available and I still get the same problem. I've tried it on two TV's, and both show the same thing.

Any ideas?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.