GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"online only games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/09/04 at 18:09
Regular
"screw this"
i dont see way u have to pay for the online only game and then pay to play it

any thoughts?
Sun 05/09/04 at 23:54
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Jonathan Nash wrote:
> MMORPGs suck ass anyway. They're full of complete geeks, and it takes
> hours of killing rats/bats/big toads to be able to do anything, and
> even then it's only killing slightly bigger rats/bats/big toads

I think MMORPG's can be good, they just lack long term playability. Once you've raised through the ranks, gained millions in currency and have all the benefits you spent that last god knows how many days trying to attain, there's not much to stay around for.

Of course, I have yet to play a game that long. I eventually got bored of Galaxies because I was simply spending my time grinding away experience points to get to the next level. That's not fun, that's like working only not getting paid. Still, City of Heroes and World of Warcraft look alright, better than many of the current crop of MMORPGs that's for sure.
Sun 05/09/04 at 19:37
Regular
"Ow Yer"
lol thanks but at leased i didnt pay 2 playy it like sum ppl
Sun 05/09/04 at 19:35
Regular
Mathews wrote:
> if u wana get used to mmorpg go 2 runescape.com i was addicted to it
> for ages:s

You deprived child.
Sun 05/09/04 at 19:35
Regular
If I was ever to play a MMORPG, it would be FFXI.

But I still don't want to play a MMORPG - it's not worth it.
Sun 05/09/04 at 19:32
Regular
"Ow Yer"
Jonathan Nash wrote:
> MMORPGs suck ass anyway. They're full of complete geeks, and it takes
> hours of killing rats/bats/big toads to be able to do anything, and
> even then it's only killing slightly bigger rats/bats/big toads

lol i totally agree but as ff11 is errm a ff game it might not be all rats bats and toads lol and also u might b able 2 ride chocobos!
if u wana get used to mmorpg go 2 runescape.com i was addicted to it for ages:s
Sun 05/09/04 at 11:41
Regular
"Teal'c"
MMORPGs suck ass anyway. They're full of complete geeks, and it takes hours of killing rats/bats/big toads to be able to do anything, and even then it's only killing slightly bigger rats/bats/big toads
Sat 04/09/04 at 23:15
Regular
"Touched!"
Don't foget you are mainly paying for the developers time in creating patches, extra content etc as well as the server costs, this alone should justify most of the fee's you paying for games such as Star Wars Galaxies.
Sat 04/09/04 at 22:57
Regular
"screw this"
ok bob
Sat 04/09/04 at 22:37
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
liquid snake wrote:
> ok but im still not sure

Well, to be honest if I were you I wouldn't bother trying to get my brain to do anything and just go on general instinct instead.
Sat 04/09/04 at 21:05
Regular
"screw this"
good point

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.